Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I just wanted to make a thread where people can post honest reviews of anything they have bought for their car.

My first review is for a little something called 'The Absorber.' It's a $9.00 shammy from WalMart in the automotive section. I used this for the first time when I washed my GTI yesterday. Let me tell you, that thing was awesome. After I was done washing, I left my car in the shade completely wet then went to work with the absorber. That thing completely dried my car, with no streaking, and with absolutely no problem at all. For its price and availability, I found it to be a phenomenal product.

Product Reviews:

Engine Lubrication
Oil/Filter Combo's Review

Intakes
Volant CAI Review
General CAI Reviews

Motor Mounts
BFI Stage 1 Motor Mount Review
BFI Stage 2 Motor Mount Review

Tunes
Revo Stage 1 Review
Revo Stage 2 Review
APR Stage 3 Review
Unitronic vs APR Review
Stage 1 to Stage 2 Review

Turbos
DM K04 vs F23T Review

Exhausts
42DD Performance Resonator Review
42DD Catch Can Review
Exhaust and Intake Reviews

Lights
USPM HID Kit Review

Cleaning
Wolfgang Headlight Cleaning System Review
Carnu-B Wax Review

Suspension
DTS SX Coilovers Review
FK Street Line Review

Miscellaneous
ECS Hatch Pop Kit Review

Foooooood (Not for Cars)
Pumpkin Pop-Tarts
Frozen Pretzels

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Great idea for a thread!

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd suggest just starting a separate thread for each review, like we've done in the past. Just start the thread title as: REVIEW - Product XXXX

If there's multiple reviews of different products in a thread, it's a b!tch to search for. Keeping the titles clean and threads short is the best way.

Example:
http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/threads/16686-REVIEW-ECS-Tuning-s-Hatch-Pop-Kit?highlight=review
Yeah, but I was hoping this to be a place where a newcomer can just go right into and have all of these reviews of dif products right at their disposal.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Yeah, but I was hoping this to be a place where a newcomer can just go right into and have all of these reviews of dif products right at their disposal.
If you want to edit the first post and link all the reviews, this could be extremely useful.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Yeah man, will do. I'm in school right now so I'll have to do it later today if that's cool?
Nope, you have to do it right now or you're banned for life.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Nope, you have to do it right now or you're banned for life.
Well then.....

Hah

sent from my own personal cellular device

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know, I've grouped and centralized all reviews into the first post of this thread. Let me know if I missed anything and if you have any new product reviews, inform me and I'll add it to this thread. Enjoi!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
dude awesome job... this thread has potential to be one of the most helpful threads on this site... it should definitely be stickied

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
OP please add to first post.

The following is my review of Kellog's Pop Tarts. Specifically, the limited edition Frosted Pumpkin Pie flavor.
As we all know, Pop Tarts are a must have in the tool/glove box for all GTI enthusiasts. They provide a delicious snack while waiting for your plasti-dip to dry between coats, or even while waiting for your overpriced specialty wax to haze over.
With their "good source of six vitamins and minerals" they are also great for a boost of energy before attacking an oil change, rolling of fenders, or heaven forbid the chasing down of electrical gremlins/cabin rattles.
Ok ok, I hear ya. "Enough gibber-gabber vwrabid how do they taste?"
Quite simply... delicious.

I felt a bit deceived by the lack of the festive colored sprinkles when I opened the pack. But the thickness of the frosting was satisfactory.
1384710873514.jpg

I might have cycled them in my toaster a bit long. Be careful people. They did however permeate the kitchen with the smells of grandma's house the day before Thanksgiving.
1384710957990.jpg

Pie filling amount is a good frosting/filling/crust ratio. Lots of typical pie spices. The nutmeg, allspice, ginger, etc. were very tasty.
1384711120231.jpg

Any actual pumpkin flavor was unfortunately a little too subtle.
1384711535752.jpg

Overall a delicious offering from our friends a Kelloggs. Any fan of pumpkin pie or the Brown Sugar and Cinnamon will enjoy this one sure.
1384712188418.jpg

In conclusion, I highly recommend these. They are of limited supply so get ya some. On a yummy scale from one to ten with ten being the yummiest. I give these a solid 9 yummies!
Enjoy fellow MFG'rs and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

...yet another drunk post.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts