Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far with my car my AC has completely stopped working, it overheated yesterday, my door leaks wax (wtf), my transmission makes a thud and crack noise sometimes shifting out of first, the engine over revs which really bothers me. It goes past redline if I don't immediately mash the clutch 500 rpm's before redline because of the over rev. Also the dash lights don't come on unless I turn the headlights on and off about 4 times.

Not to hate on WV. I like my car. It's nice and I feel very good while driving it. I love the 6 speed and digital air. There are just too many problems so far and I don't even think it's been a month since I got it. I'm going to try and go to the dealership tomorrow and see what all is wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Trky said:
So far with my car my AC has completely stopped working, it overheated yesterday, my door leaks wax (wtf), my transmission makes a thud and crack noise sometimes shifting out of first, the engine over revs which really bothers me. It goes past redline if I don't immediately mash the clutch 500 rpm's before redline because of the over rev. Also the dash lights don't come on unless I turn the headlights on and off about 4 times.

Not to hate on WV. I like my car. It's nice and I feel very good while driving it. I love the 6 speed and digital air. There are just too many problems so far and I don't even think it's been a month since I got it. I'm going to try and go to the dealership tomorrow and see what all is wrong with it.
MkIV, right?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
You might have gotten one of the electrical gremlins that came from mexico... Sad to say but they had a similar problems with the mkiv jetta's, check for any recalls and if you happen to be lucky with a warranty (which I doubt unless it's an 05) you'll be fine, if not... Sorry to hear about the problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts