My Fast GTi banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster here, just bought a new (to me) '06 Red GTI with bodykit, stage 2, APR, and some other mods.

I've been lurking here for a while and ya'll helped me make a good decision. But now I have a problem, hence my first post...

I just bought one year of XM service today. I followed the activation instructions and I'm receiving signal to the extent that I receive all the channels and text detailing what's playing, however, there's no sound coming through the speakers! FM works, AM works, CDs work, so I know the head unit and speakers work. XM is receiving signal for the aforementioned reasons, but the damn sound won't work. Do I need to take it into VW to activate sat radio? I spent hours on the phone with several ppl at XM and they say the problem is not coming from their end. Any ideas if VW can help me or what the problem could be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to VW Audio. My Sirius will do that from time to time. Turn it off, remove the key and it works 5 minutes later. It never does this at the dealership. I don't think those idiots would know how to fix it, anyway. To answer you question, you are not alone and it IS a VW problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved, an aftermarket Ipod adaptor apparently works through the satellite radio function and prevents use of the originally intended function. Remove ipod adaptor = enjoy satellite radio instantly. ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts