My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey man, there's a problem I've been having a lot lately that's really pissing me off. I usually read and reply to a couple posts and after replying to three or so I get this message whenever I post:

You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh.

It really sucks to write something and then have that stupid message come up and you hit "back" and your text is all gone. I'm copying this text to clipboard so I don't have to type it again, cause it's probably gonna happen again.

Has anyone else been having this same problem?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now it's getting absolutely ridiculous. I submit one post, it works. The second one I get the stupid message. I close my browser and re-open and I'm able to make one more post and then again with the stupid message.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I added a poll to this thread so we can tell if it is an isolated incident. I've seen these problems develop from the user's home computer also. If anyone else is having this problem, please let me know so we can get it fixed. thanks.\
FF

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IE.

Come to think of it, it could also have to do with the late hour that I was posting. A buddy runs the same forum program for his site and sometimes it's inexplicably down at really late hours.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It did it again. I think it might have to do with time between posts. I waited a few minutes before posting this... let's see if it works.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That seems to be it. Freddy, I think you have some kind of feature enabled that brings up that message if posts are less than a few minutes apart, to avoid accidental double posting. Doesn't seem to matter that they're replies to completely different topics.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I had it happen once, but it was my fault.

Thalo, many forums have a form of flood control to prevent people from smapping boards with the same crap over and over again.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hmm.... I do have a flood control enabled to prevent spam. That is probably the problem. If I disable it spambots will take over. I've already block about 30 spambots so far. I'll look into dropping the time between posts a few more seconds.
FF

·
Registered
952 Posts
Thalo said:
IE.

Come to think of it, it could also have to do with the late hour that I was posting. A buddy runs the same forum program for his site and sometimes it's inexplicably down at really late hours.
The forums are backed up each night. During that time the forum is unavailable if you post. this could be the cause of the problem. I'll move it to a later time. maybe that'll help.
FF

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I know the problem it happened to me if your go back after you write your message it pops up. Thats one reason. You may have double clicked it like freddie was saying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts