My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came out MKV Gti intercooler. Adds about 15-20hp and costs 1100 that would probually be my last engine mod.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Very well.

Then I'm going to lock other threads for specific products unless there's a significant need for its own thread. That is, if there's more than half a dozen or so posts about a single item that appears in this thread...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i am pretty sure with an upgrsded turbo and other applications that the intercooler would give you more HP then 15-20hp

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just think just off the top of my head:
intake 5hp
turbo back exhaust 20hp
chip 50hp
intercooler 20hp
pulleys 5hp

Total hp 100hp 100+200(Stock MKV)=300hp

You would have to put a lot of money in order to get this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pretty generic looking set up unless I'm wrong. Sure seems like quite a few more will make them, hopefully for less. I just don't understand why those are so expensive.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not too sure but usually parts like that are they add a great deal of cold air to the fast so its worth getting if you want your fast getting the healthy air.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Charge air coolers (otherwise known as Intercoolers) are so expensive because of the amount of aluminium welding that has to go into them, they are basiclly a radiator for air and we all know how much radiators cost plus its a very specific application and you know they are not going to sell that many.. There for a high price.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Forwarded from a thread in the "Accessories" forum.

GTI MKV said:
do the TMTuning honeycomb vents come with the inside pieces to direct air also or do they just come with the vents themselves... if im not explaining myself well enough tell me and ill try harder hah

·
Registered
25 Posts
blackgti06 said:
Just think just off the top of my head:
intake 5hp
turbo back exhaust 20hp
chip 50hp
intercooler 20hp
pulleys 5hp

Total hp 100hp 100+200(Stock MKV)=300hp

You would have to put a lot of money in order to get this.
this is assuming that all the bias dyno reports about power gains from the manufactuers are accurate.

I have read that the stock intercooler in this car is the shit. Putting recycled air back as bost at very neat ambient temps. Is it extra flow or something that helps provide a preformance boot?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'd mod mine, but there are 2 factors limiting me:

1) It's leased, so I'd have to put all the stock parts back in before I gave it back.

2) I have about $50 in my checking account.

That being said, $1100 is way too much for me.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i am really trying to save some cash to get a Revo chip. only problem is i think my passanger rim might have a little bend in it. i am saying this because over 75mph my car use to go nuts (someone hit it in accident) and after they replaced the bent rim the car goes alot smoother. right now the car does really drive fine but there is a very slight shake i feel in and it seems to be coming from the driver side wheel... so do you think i should save for a new set or rims?? or just get the Revo chip?

·
Registered
690 Posts
dean said:
Does adding a Jack in the Box antenna ball count as a Mod? If so, GranTurismoInjection's in luck.

I have one of those, but mine has a Santa hat on. I stopped putting it on here becuase I got tired of people asking what the hell it is.

·
Registered
556 Posts
dean said:
Does adding a Jack in the Box antenna ball count as a Mod? If so, GranTurismoInjection's in luck.
I have Satellite Radio, so I have the shark fin instead of the antenna. :'(

On my last car though, I took the hat off of the Zorro Wal-Mart antenna ball and super glued it onto a Jack antenna ball, making the coolest Zorro Jack ever!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts