Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may be buying my baby tonight! My black-magic, 2-door, package 1 baby that is.

I'm so excited, any advice before I sit down with the dealer?

I consider myself a pretty good negotiator and I'm not afraid to walk out if he doesn't give me the lowest quote that I've already obtained from another dealer...(23,735).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got to the dealer 15 minutes before it closed (7:45). Took it for a quick test drive (my 4th GTI test drive) just to make sure everything was good.

Got out of there at 8:45 at 23,250. Probably could have gotten 23 flat, but considering Package #1, 2-door Black is 23,650 Invoice on Edmunds, I think I got a pretty fair deal.

Pick it up on Friday, can't wait!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I met up with an associate of mine at a meeting who works at a another location in the same company. We got on the topic of cars and I told him about it, and he actually bought the same car (2-Door, DSG, Black) like a month ago. (Granted he's got the 18" Huffesein and the leather, but I'm a plaid guy anyway)

Needless to say he took me for a 'real' test-drive and there's absolutely no way I'll be able to think of anything else untill I pick it up at 4:00 EST tomorrow. (Friday)

Wait a minute, that's only 28 hours and 30 minutes away.... OH MAN!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.