Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this Bluetooth receiver from Anycom that is made to adapt ipod docks for streaming any bluetooth audio:

http://www.anycom.com/products/bluetooth_audio_video/fipo_receiver_black/?id=102&partno=CC3318

I plan to try it out with my cell phone. It is supposed to allow the same buttons on steering wheel to be used -- not the phone button, but volume and mute controls should work.

This seems too good to be true....but for only $60 at compusa it sure beats the alternative.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do....

Phone is getting here tomorrow. When I get some cash I will run to CompUSA for the bluetooth receiver (so broke right now). Otherwise, I'll convince someone to get it for me for Christmas.

·
Registered
49 Posts
im pissed that vw didnt add it from the get go
Word, it seems like a no brainer. I think this is the unit that will be in the 09's and on, so for the 06-08, probably couldn't find a more 'natural' solution, though there is some debate as to whether or not it will harness the MFD for all the goodness.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've been following the whole new bluetooth part # - they have a website out for the Volkswagen solution going forward (part no 1K0.051.437). I have one on order and just requested a user guide from the site as they're not too explicit as to what features it has.

www.govolkl.com

I'll post up once I hear back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
just called my dealer ( Canada) and that part number is availiable no 1K0.051.437). the price is $350.canadian. will be ordering one soon will post after install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts