Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't believe this. Some kid ran over a ped ad killed him. The news reporter kept calling the car the kid was driving a Volkswagen. I think she even said it was a GTI, but it was a damn Toyota Yuri.... Yari.... .Yaris...... Hell I guess I don't blame her she probably couldn't think of the car's damn name.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If that is the case the whole country is on crack! Just go to any local DMV office. Not only is it free entertainment but more than 50% of the people in there have trouble answering what make and color car they drive. It's unbelievable!

I'm thinking of going into sales selling used cars....geez you could tell just about anyone that this is a limited edition Pinto manufactured by Ferrari.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
ahahaha... yeah thats pretty stupid. i mean come on now... if you cant name the model of yer car and the make of it then you should not be allowed to drive it. ;D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, you get that kind of crap at any dealership. I had a Mitsubishi dealer try to tell me that the new Eclipse is AWD. What a load. I find it funny when I go to a dealership and know more about the car they are trying to sell me than they do.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MattMan said:
Yeah, you get that kind of crap at any dealership. I had a Mitsubishi dealer try to tell me that the new Eclipse is AWD. What a load. I find it funny when I go to a dealership and know more about the car they are trying to sell me than they do.
That's not hard seeing the average salesperson in the usa lasts less than 6 months. Takes them that just to learn the basic systems of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cant really say anything about the reporter, but as far as the Eclipse being AWD that is true. The newest model does include an edition that is AWD Turbo. I have not seen it, but it is on their site and also my friends have told me about it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It was a GTI she saw, when I go up to Portland, I drive on the curbs! >:D

But aside from that, it's true about the salesman. The guy that I test-drove with actually told me that I knew more about the car than he does. That's pretty weak. This is my hobby but it's his job.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i dont understand how you can try to sell something for over 20g and not know anything about it. i mean come on now they are paid to sell the car they should atleast learn something about it... and also if the buyer didnt know much about the car and the dealer didnt know much either what are the chances of him selling it unless he made some BS up to fool the customer into buying it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts