Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Poll - how do you roll?

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  lumns 
#1 ·
Got to wait for the car so I got a new Blackberry to occupy my time - what do you roll with?

#2 ·
Don't do the Q, the battery life is riduclous even after I bought the "long life" upgrade for $65.

I have heard the pearl has excellent voice now, we all know their instat refresh e-mail push is better so Blackberry seems to be the way to go.

I am not happy with the Q

#3 ·
22350 said:
Don't do the Q, the battery life is riduclous even after I bought the "long life" upgrade for $65.

I have heard the pearl has excellent voice now, we all know their instat refresh e-mail push is better so Blackberry seems to be the way to go.

I am not happy with the Q
I don't like the look and feel of the Q. I have had a Blackberry 7280 for 3 years, and wanted to upgrade. I type a lot and use it for business, but found it too bulky. The Pearl voice quality is good, and I can finally hear the caller and fit it in my pocket. It also has an amazing screen, I will miss my big honking battery though - I could keep the 7280 on for a week without charging.

#5 ·
I want the iPhone bad. But I can get the APR chip with that kind of money.

I don't have the use for such a high tech "smartphone" anyway. It's purely want over need.

I currently have a Motorola RAZR through Verizon wireless (I have to say it's the best RAZR compared to the others through T-Mobile and Cingular. The user interface is better.)

All I do is talk and occasionally text. I don't schedule meetings or watch videos or listen to music. That's what my old school iPod mini is for. And if I watch videos, the smallest screen i'll go to is the one on my MacBook (13").

#6 ·
kryptonkid07 said:
I want the iPhone bad. But I can get the APR chip with that kind of money.

I don't have the use for such a high tech "smartphone" anyway. It's purely want over need.

I currently have a Motorola RAZR through Verizon wireless (I have to say it's the best RAZR compared to the others through T-Mobile and Cingular. The user interface is better.)

All I do is talk and occasionally text. I don't schedule meetings or watch videos or listen to music. That's what my old school iPod mini is for. And if I watch videos, the smallest screen i'll go to is the one on my MacBook (13").
Yeah, I would say the APR chip is an easy choice between the two!

#7 ·
I guess your FAST doesn't like it when you are on the phone................I didn't by the Pearl for the video or mp3 stuff but mostly for size, calendar sync, contact sync and email. I also felt that if I no longer needed the data part of the plan, I could just use it as a phone.

#13 ·
BlueFrogPosse said:
I don't see a need for any of them. I spend quite enough time at the office as it is; I don't want to carry it with me when I go home for the day. There's gotta be at least a zillion terabytes of real world out there. Go get some.
my office is not always in the office, so it works for me............however, you gotta be able to turn it off................Crackberry is in the dictionary for a reason

#15 ·
You're missing the option for "none of the above". I bet a lot more votes would come in at that. It's all very interesting, but I have enough connectivity as it is...

#16 ·
deviltailedfast said:
You're missing the option for "none of the above". I bet a lot more votes would come in at that. It's all very interesting, but I have enough connectivity as it is...
When I worked for a big office, I could see NOT wanting a blackberry. You give your 8 hours and are out of there, but now I have my own practice things have changed. The poll is for those who have or want.

#18 ·
jgo said:
I have the Palm Treo. I haven't seen a smart phone yet that was a "good" phone. If you want to talk, buy a regular phone and stay away from the data ones.
I had the same concern. I have had the Pearl for a week now, and I have to say the phone is a huge improvement over the 7280 I had. It sounds as good as my wife's LG cell phone.

#19 ·
i have the enV its the closest thing i could get to a PDA without being a PDA. I figured that i used to have a palm but hardly ever used it, so a palm thats a phone i will probably only use thep hone function. I like the fact my enV has a 2.0mp camera

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.