Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
10bv01 said:
I blew mine with the APR trial. I had it replaced with the "C" valve from the dealership.
Hey- can you modify the poll to read: Yes-06 2.0FSI Yes 07 2.0 since they use different DV's?

·
Registered
137 Posts
i voted no, u should have a vote box for i dont know...lol. how will i know if and when i blow this? will my car just drive like a VW bug from the 60's? then i'll know?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You lose boost when you blow your DV. My CEL came on when I blew mine, I've heard stories of people blowing theirs without a CEL though.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i blew the DV before i got the exhaust system. so i was running stock exhaust with no CEL at the time and it never went off when the DV blew. he compared mine to another one that blew though and mine was not too hardcore of a blow so i donno. maybe mine was not bad enough yet hah.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yup 07 c valve ha...only thing i have engine wise is the Neuspeed P Flow and Unitronics chip stage 1+...got it replaced for free of course but going to get the forge dv O0

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Gtfly what size down pipe you got? 3in? I hear that's not so good for our car. 3 in is too big and you lose alot of low end torque and hp?? True?? I want to get a new one maybe, but what size and who makes one that isn't 3 in? stock is 2 1/2in so what 2 3/4in, what difference is that?? Let me know whats up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
WaZzAp1101 said:
hey white, do you have any mods. Im curious if the dealership will give me a hard time if I ever blow mine.
WE ARE VERY COOL HERE..YOU CAN BRING IN A KO4 TURBO, AND THEY WILL STILL DO WORK.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
PortlandGti said:
Hey Gtfly what size down pipe you got? 3in? I hear that's not so good for our car. 3 in is too big and you lose alot of low end torque and hp?? True?? I want to get a new one maybe, but what size and who makes one that isn't 3 in? stock is 2 1/2in so what 2 3/4in, what difference is that?? Let me know whats up?
i have a 2.5" open downpipe. chopped off cat O0

·
Registered
43 Posts
i've only got an EVOMS V-flow intake, and i blew mine at just over 50K miles -i was 175 miles out of warranty... they still covered it though (Tom Bush VW in Jacksonville, they seem pretty cool so far). I've got an AWE boost gage, normally i see 11-13 lbs of boost. with the torn seal, i only get 6-8. with the intake which greatly amplifies the normal turbo noises, i can clearly hear the valve leaking pressure once boost tries to build over 6-8 pounds. it simply sounds like the valve is open. my cel didn't come on until the second day of driving the car with the blown valve

if you don't know: the first pic shows the turbo from under the car. the BOV is on the right and says Pierburg on it, it comes out by removing the wire harness and unscrewing three 5mm allen cap screws. you can see the tear in the second shot. NOTE: the seal is not shown in the correct orientation in this picture... the lower lip should be under the black plastic cap (you'll see what i mean if you tear yours apart) refer to the pictures in the ECS tuning link above for correct assembly order... i only show it like this so you can see the tear.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts