Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be the only modification I will do. So let me know how low you went, and if you still like it. O0

PS: I set the poll so you can vote twice (yes or no, then the drop).

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
This might be the only modification I will do. So let me know how low you went, and if you still like it. O0

If it was the only mod? I'd upgrade the ECU first.

(Then I'd figure a way to get it dropped >:D)

·
Registered
747 Posts
NVGTI said:
I really like the way my GTI looks and handles after I had it lowered with the factory sport springs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/881098568/
Hmm I like the way your car looks, but I am Having a hard time comparing it to my stock suspension... I really want to drop my car, but I am going to have to wait until I get back to CT to see if I would be able to drive and not scratch the bottom

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dragon said:
uncle dude said:

Dragon, from reading your posts there is no WAY you could do just ONE mod. ;D Engine Control Unit? 200 hp is plenty for me.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
Dragon said:
uncle dude said:

Dragon, from reading your posts there is no WAY you could do just ONE mod. ;D Engine Control Unit? 200 hp is plenty for me.
Drop it and a rear sway bar O0

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
my bumber hits the ground sometimes... >:D the black piece is getting a little scratched up but nothing major. just gotta watch those steep drops leaving gas stations hah.

·
Registered
747 Posts
GTfly, how much did you drop your car? if I do end up dropping it, I'll start with the neuspeed springs, if it feels and looks good, then I'll get some struts to go with the springs...Is the sway bar really necessary though?

·
Registered
193 Posts
mattabaziou said:
GTfly, how much did you drop your car? if I do end up dropping it, I'll start with the neuspeed springs, if it feels and looks good, then I'll get some struts to go with the springs...Is the sway bar really necessary though?
get the springs installed first and if you would like it to handle better get the bars........ its prob not necessary but why not O0 if u have the money

·
Registered
747 Posts
Anyone know the difference between the Eibach Pro kit springs, and the Neuspeed springs? I know the drop is slightly different by .3, but I haven't heard that many people talking about Eibach that much
any thoughts? ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dropped my o7 united grey by 1.5" using H&R sport springs. I had Fixxtuning's Justin Welty do it for me in Saint Pete, Fl. I asked him numerous times if it's necessary to do an alignment aftarwards, he ensured me that it isn't necessary. Now I regret it big time. My front two tires have 1/32" tread left.
My odometer says 4800 miles (tire is supposed to last 20k). Tried to replace my blown tire the other day, they wouldn't warranty it due to low tread. No question I should have known better, but I was let down by a GTI brother. :mad:

·
Registered
530 Posts
It shouldn't void the warranty, it's a factory part! It factory springs only lower about .5 - .7 inch, but looks like more.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I talked with my service manager, he told me as long as its a VW part, they will honor the waranty. The R line sport springs you can buy from the dealer have a 30mm drop (1.2") and the dealer quoted me $265

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NVGTI said:
It shouldn't void the warranty, it's a factory part! It factory springs only lower about .5 - .7 inch, but looks like more.
NVGTI, have you had any issues with curbs, speedbumps etc? I know that isn't a big drop, but I am curious.

·
Registered
530 Posts
uncle dude said:
NVGTI said:
NVGTI, have you had any issues with curbs, speedbumps etc? I know that isn't a big drop, but I am curious.
No problems, all is good. Just be careful of parking curbs and such. Even with the hitch I installed for bikes I have not bottomed out or anything. Speed bumps are no problem, but watch out for high curbs when parallel parking on exiting the vehicle.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
uncle dude - aren't you 6'-5" and pushing 40? Are you sure you want to drop it?!
No, I am 6'-2" and pushing 39 LOL - close. I just think it looks better 1/2" lower and if I can use the VW Euro springs and maintain the ride, I thought it was worth considering. I think I will spend some time with the car first (12 days and counting).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts