Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Please help..

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Dragon 
#1 ·
Ok so I lost all my boost. Everything was working fine on my way to work this morning and one my way home I noticed that my boost gauge would not go any higher then 0. I have no clue what is wrong. When I was at idle the gauge was reading 20 Hg like its supposed to, and the needle would move like normal except wouldnt read any higher then 0 like I said. If anyone has any idea please let me know.

#2 ·
xxxNeophyte said:
Ok so I lost all my boost. Everything was working fine on my way to work this morning and one my way home I noticed that my boost gauge would not go any higher then 0. I have no clue what is wrong. When I was at idle the gauge was reading 20 Hg like its supposed to, and the needle would move like normal except wouldnt read any higher then 0 like I said. If anyone has any idea please let me know.
Do you have vag-com??

#5 ·
Ok did my checks and my one vacuum line blew out. The one that runs out of the greddy bov/dv i have. From what I could tell it was alittle to close to the exhaust manifold and the heat made it way to weak and next thing ya know a hole. So I went and found some vacuum hose with steel braiding around it and just ran it a little better this time. So all is good for the time being with it, hopefully this one holds up better now. Thanx Dragon

#6 ·
xxxNeophyte said:
Ok did my checks and my one vacuum line blew out. The one that runs out of the greddy bov/dv i have. From what I could tell it was alittle to close to the exhaust manifold and the heat made it way to weak and next thing ya know a hole. So I went and found some vacuum hose with steel braiding around it and just ran it a little better this time. So all is good for the time being with it, hopefully this one holds up better now. Thanx Dragon
No prob! ^-^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.