Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you noticed how many people forget that? I drive in Los Angeles where nobody remembers where they belong. Is America the only country without lane discipline? I remember it being way better when I visited Germany and England (though they went the wrong way har har). Anybody else get this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Its called a fast lane, right?

When ever someone gets in my way in the fast lane, I just keep my speed and get right on their tail until they move over....I can't stand when people go the speed limit in the fast lane....errrrrrrr! ???

·
Registered
146 Posts

I could go on for quite some time on this. It seems to me that back East, people are a little better about it. Here in Colorado, they recently passed a law making it illegal to drive in the left lane without passing someone, but, there are so many stipulations the police seem to be scared to enforce it. Things look like they are on the right track though.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I was on an interstate and there were two cars both side by side going EXACTLY the speed limit. The trafic line was more than a mile long.

My fast was not happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Yeah the reason its better in Germany is because (atleast on the Autobaugn) you get a ticket if you don't get in the right lane to let traffic pass, you also get a ticket for running out of gas on the autobaugn... Man we should inforce that instead we set up a service to bring gas to the stranded vehicles... WHY DO WE ENCOURAGE THESE PEOPLE. anyways yeah my inner fast hates gets mad at people who dont get mad and people who think i'm a bad driver for "weaving" in and out.... I Wouldn't have to change into the right lane then back into the left (2 lane road) if you would just get over into the right lane when going the speed limit.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I'm totally with you on the left lane being the fast lane. I'm just not in it that much, but when I am I'd like to be moving!

If someone pulled up on my back bumper and tried to move me over (I think I would be more aware from the start, but still) I would hope that they had incredibly fast reaction times and some killer brakes... because I'd be using mine! I do understand your frustration, just watch out and be careful!

·
Registered
34 Posts
carefull out there! Didn't anybody read the post about the MK5 lifesaver?
Some of those people in your way are just waiting for someone to mess with them so they can whip their gun out.

Course, the only reason I don't honk is cause the horn don't work!

·
Registered
446 Posts
i live in NJ and i drive in the far right lane most of the time passing everyone it seems to be the new fast lane try it some time!!!

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I pretty much tailgate them...

haha... i just kinda speed up, then coast along with my foot hovering over the brake, just in case they try something funny.

Once some on hit their brakes and i got a little bit of road rage (i was having a bad day, cause i'm usually a very calm person) and i stepped on the gas took the shoulder around them honking the entire time. whoops.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I pretty much tailgate them...

haha... i just kinda speed up, then coast along with my foot hovering over the brake, just in case they try something funny.

Once some on hit their brakes and i got a little bit of road rage (i was having a bad day, cause i'm usually a very calm person) and i stepped on the gas took the shoulder around them honking the entire time. whoops.
man u could have go tin alot of trouble if a cop saw that

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
when its crappy, i drive the speed limit. but on nice dry day, or night, i like to go a wee bit fast. not too much over the limit as i dont have a radar detector yet. ofcourse all that caution goes out the window when i hear a coffee can modded civic pull up on me, trying to be cool and all. then the fast wants to play:) i do wish we had higher speed limits. but then again there is way too many dumb asses on the road who would just kill themselves. that would be ok, as far as natural selection goes. but they would also take out innocent drivers with them. that wont be cool. i say we need more stringent driving laws to get your licence. then if you pass em, you get the privilage of driving faster.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i used to have a wrangler lifted and when i got on peoples butts the lights were right in the rear view mirror man they moved over fast when i got on there asses not so much now with the fast but now i can just zip passed them on the left when there is a opening

·
Registered
479 Posts
My drive to work is on 16 miles of two lane roads with not many places to pass. I wish people would at least do the speed limit; not 40 in a 55 mph zone. Also, push down on that little pedal under your right foot when going up a hill, It helps you maintain your speed, Grandpa!! (My apologies to all cool Grandpas out there that drive fast. Obviously my drive to and from work today was stressful. I'm just ranting!)

·
Registered
51 Posts
My drive to work is on 16 miles of two lane roads with not many places to pass. I wish people would at least do the speed limit; not 40 in a 55 mph zone. Also, push down on that little pedal under your right foot when going up a hill, It helps you maintain your speed, Grandpa!! (My apologies to all cool Grandpas out there that drive fast. Obviously my drive to and from work today was stressful. I'm just ranting!)
I hear ya there...

I drive 30 mile to work on a 2 lane highway. I passed someone on the right a few weeks a go a got pulled over by an unmarked trooper, because the idiot in front of me was captain break a lot and on the cellphone and going like 50 in a 55.

And people definitely need to learn how to maintain there speed, its not just grandpa's anymore...lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts