My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe this is my car O0 Some standard pics of my 2008. I know you've seen a GTI before, but what the hell. >:D

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Re: Uncle Dude's Candy White - pics

Congrats! Why is it your fog lights look like Angel Eyes? Or is it just a trick of the light.

·
Registered
473 Posts

Looks sweet! Welcome to the family and MFG. Just need to drop it like its hot and get some springs or coilover. I love mine too. Your foggies do look like Angel Eyes.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The fog lights are turned on in the pictures, so that might explain the ethereal look.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts

uncle dude said:
The fog lights are turned on in the pictures, so that might explain the ethereal look.
Thank gawd, I was starting to think that "angel eyes" was your first mod. :D ;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess it does look like angel eyes - I didn't really know what that meant until I googled it. Definitely not my taste. I think at some point I will swap the springs for the euro ones, but for now I want to drive it stock until I am used to it.

Some observations so far:

* The car came with these all season tires, I have no idea on the quality: Dunlop SP Sport 01 AS http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Dunlop&tiremodel=SP+Sport+01

* I love the climatronic and heated seats

* The car came with the rubber monster mats

* The gear ratios are perfect

* The little "hello" the lights give when they adjust is a riot

* The stereo is pretty good IMO, what an upgrade from my MKIV. The dealer set the speed sensitive volume on 1, so I will leave it there for now.

* The steering wheel is a work of art

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice! i thought they did away with auto climate control in 08' ??? or did they do away with it being standard?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I know they are just stock photos.....but I seriously just spent 10 minutes looking over every detail. O0

The 2 door Candy White is just a spectacular form.....I love this car.

Very nice UD.....thank you for the pics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
RGR That! I am now a Huge fan of the GTI my brother has owned older ones for years and years. I actally traded my F150 Super crew for my 08 and couldn't have mad a better move as before the truck i had a mustang GT. Haveing said all that my F150 had auto climate and it was the worst i had ever had and i had nothing but problems so i was kinda excited my 08 does not have it. however I do like the way it looks . and it actually looks a little cooler than just little turn knobs so im kinda jealous......LOL is it dual zone?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KuzeVW said:
RGR That! I am now a Huge fan of the GTI my brother has owned older ones for years and years. I actally traded my F150 Super crew for my 08 and couldn't have mad a better move as before the truck i had a mustang GT. Haveing said all that my F150 had auto climate and it was the worst i had ever had and i had nothing but problems so i was kinda excited my 08 does not have it. however I do like the way it looks . and it actually looks a little cooler than just little turn knobs so im kinda jealous......LOL is it dual zone?
Yep, it is dual zone. I think it is debatable as to how effective dual zone heating and cooling is in a small space. I just like the thermostat functions and defrost / fog settings. This is my third Golf, and it is nice having something other than turn knobs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have those Dunlops on my '07. Granted, they're the first performance tires I've had on a car I own, but I think they're pretty good. Not sure how they compare though.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ We will have to see how they wear - they are sure expensive to replace.

One thing I noticed last night, as I drove way out of my way to a microbrewery, is that the reflection of the centre roof lights reflect badly in the rear view mirror - after it is flicked to night mode. Anyone else experience this? I think I can get used to it.

I am starting to really enjoy the sound of that turbo. The car is quite tame and refined when going easy and shifting at 3000, but when you punch it it sure makes a pretty sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts