1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did it. I got one.

UG, DSG, Package 1, 18 Hufs

I want to have sex with it.

(oh my god.. did i just type that outloud?!)

anyway, point of this post: what should be one of the first things i get?

and quick tangent: jesus hell!! gti insurance is THROUGH THE ROOF!! ouch.

·
Registered
842 Posts
SmokinBaby said:
Well, I did it. I got one.

UG, DSG, Package 1, 18 Hufs

I want to have sex with it.

(oh my god.. did i just type that outloud?!)

anyway, point of this post: what should be one of the first things i get?

and quick tangent: jesus hell!! gti insurance is THROUGH THE ROOF!! ouch.
I know how excited you are right now - I am only 1 week ahead of you.

Is it a 3 door or 5 door? 2007? 2008?

the first thing you need to get is a Photobucket account and post whore some pictures in your own thread like everyone else does. I was told by the insurance company here, that the high cost is due to the "demographics" and the "magic chips" that these "kids" put in the engines. Mine was $1800 cdn for a year, and I have the best discount you can get.

Anyway, congrats. O0

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's an 07 3 door. I went for the 07 because I got a ridiculous deal. It was the last 07 on the dealer's lot...

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
I pay US$1000/year insurance for my fahrenheit. Prob because I am 36, married and have a clean record. How much are you paying for insurance? Check with other companies because I had a $1000/year difference from the most expensive company (I went with Geico)

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
You should get... ready to spend alot of time with it. O0 I put about 200 miles on mine the first 12 hours I had it. Sexual tendencies towards the GTI are normal, however, should be suppressed. ::)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Fuel...you will need plenty of it. Activate your 3 months of Sirius radio. Drive.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congratulations Smokin,

You're feelling was the same as mine and great deal on getting that 07 off their hands. I'd say lower depending on where you live. If its like Vegas I'd say tint. Wait until you broke her in a bit before flashing your ECU.

But with winter coming here's my order of mods: 1) lower first, 2) switch to a K&N filter or start the cold air conversion, 3) then line up a good tint shop, 4) and lastly after you broken your Fast in get that ECU flashed to unleash the beast.

Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Turbo Junkie said:
lower,tint, chip and in that order
Hrm. I'm not too into the modding the car stuff. I don't mind stock. I suppose I'd consider tints next summer. I don't really have a lot of money to throw into the car aside from my monthly payment... seeing as how I'm in law school and barely have time to work. And why lower it aside from aesthetics? Will it really handle that much better? Because honestly.. I don't mind the way it looks not lowered.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Lowering is mostly for looks. A lot of people think the GTI looks like a little monster truck stock. I like it the way it is, personally.

Chipping is not for everyone.

Tint is a must though. As dark as you can go and be legal. Maybe a little darker. ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hrm. I'm not too into the modding the car stuff. I don't mind stock. I suppose I'd consider tints next summer.
[/quote]

With that said, tint it before summer. On a budget the others really wont net you a gain versus the bucks you'll have to drop for each. Block those rays and wannabes in your blind spot gawking at your instrument cluster. :eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Vegas Fahrenheit said:
I pay US$1000/year insurance for my fahrenheit. Prob because I am 36, married and have a clean record. How much are you paying for insurance? Check with other companies because I had a $1000/year difference from the most expensive company (I went with Geico)
HAHA I pay less for insurance than you do. But I am just am almost as old and my recoed is flawless. Hey what is this chip everyone is talking about?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.