My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get the handsfree button working with my bluetooth phone. How to do the initial setting for the phone ?
Do I need to take it to the dealer for this ?

[help]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
vw never signed a contract w/ bluetooth, soo we jus have a useless button. There is an aftermarket product made by parrot. If you search the forums someone has already started a thread about the necessary parts and how it works. I heard also the dealer can do it now for sometihng like $400. There are rumors that previously dealers hardwired it to the speakers, now people r saying its gonna b an fm transmitted signal.


hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
senkuruvi said:
I would like to get the handsfree button working with my bluetooth phone. How to do the initial setting for the phone ?
Do I need to take it to the dealer for this ?

[help]
Press phone button on steering wheel at same time you press SEND on your cell. When call is finished hit phone button on wheel again at same time you're pressing END on your cell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
omg dude, ur a genius....i tried it out and it soo worked

thank you :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
MrVvrroomm said:
senkuruvi said:
I would like to get the handsfree button working with my bluetooth phone. How to do the initial setting for the phone ?
Do I need to take it to the dealer for this ?

[help]
Press phone button on steering wheel at same time you press SEND on your cell. When call is finished hit phone button on wheel again at same time you're pressing END on your cell.
Uhhhmmm what kind of car do you have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I have a 2008 GTI are you saying if you hit the phone button on the steering wheel at the same time you hit the send button on phone it will sync?? the dealer said there was some kind of module that needed to be installed to the tune of $582 parts and labor. does anyone know anything different?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
KuzeVW said:
I have a 2008 GTI are you saying if you hit the phone button on the steering wheel at the same time you hit the send button on phone it will sync?? the dealer said there was some kind of module that needed to be installed to the tune of $582 parts and labor. does anyone know anything different?
Simply put VW never got the rights to have that "module" installed on the US version of the GTI... there are two Aftermarket kits available for the mkV BUT only one the PARROT Bluetooth kit has the ability to utilize the phone button on the steering wheel... there is one by Motorla IHF-1000 that uses a seperate console. I got the Moto one but i would have rather gotten the Parrot instead... needless to say mine works flawless so i have no regrets other than having a useless button on my steering wheel... maybe one day i will utilize it as a NOS button. (hehe)

Currently most dealers are pushing an FM transmitter type Bluetooth kit... it replaces the stock rear-view mirror with a slightly larger one with caller ID display in the actual mirror... it looks ok... just not my type of device...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
OMG...He was joking

if you press send on ur phone to start a call...and then end the call on ur phone...u never used a bluetooth device to interface with it (you just pushed the button on the steering wheel to make yourself feel better). He was making a funny (albeit...one nobody got, but funny none the less) the whole point of a HANDS FREE system is that u never have to touch the phone.

Its just a dummy button. You have to go aftermarket if u want it to work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
lumpypumpkin said:
OMG...He was joking

if you press send on ur phone to start a call...and then end the call on ur phone...u never used a bluetooth device to interface with it (you just pushed the button on the steering wheel to make yourself feel better). He was making a funny (albeit...one nobody got, but funny none the less) the whole point of a HANDS FREE system is that u never have to touch the phone.

Its just a dummy button. You have to go aftermarket if u want it to work.
hEY LETS GIVE sHERlock holmes here a medal for being able to decipher that it was not TRUe...

We all were just adding our .2 cents b/c we felt like being sarcastic pricks.. but Albeit for me to point out the obvious....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,266 Posts
yup , gotta pay for the bluetooth if you want it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
Wait...I don't get it MV...can you explain to us dummies how it works again?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,266 Posts
hahaha...ok you have to call your vw dealership..say hey i want my blue tooth activated in my car, ok they say, now give me 400 dollars and you can talk to you car..thast how it works
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
button doesn't do crap basically...... gotta buy the parrot bluetooth kit....... sometimes i press it when im bored at a light just to be funny... maybe if i press it repeatedly in the right sequence it activates the flux capacitor...... hahaha yea but otherwise gotta get a parrot kit, its kind of a tease otherwise
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,622 Posts
I hit the button and my phone RANG!?!
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top