Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a 2009 GTI with DSG. I love everything about it, but I feel like it could do more. I haven't really done anything to increase it's performance yet. Does anyone have any suggestions of a low cost, high performance upgrade? Also, I was thinking about making my exhaust sound better, be loud, but not too loud. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The cheapest hp gain is through tuning to Stage 1. If you can spend a little more, go get a downpipe then tune straight to Stage 2. It's not really the tuning and the downpipe that cost, it's the maintenance/preventative maintenance/modding bug that bites.

Like crazy said, it's all been covered before and you'll get much more in depth answers if you search. Try googling "VW GTI performance mods" or read a couple people's build threads.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cheapest hp gain is through tuning to Stage 1. If you can spend a little more, go get a downpipe then tune straight to Stage 2. It's not really the tuning and the downpipe that cost, it's the maintenance/preventative maintenance/modding bug that bites.

Like crazy said, it's all been covered before and you'll get much more in depth answers if you search. Try googling "VW GTI performance mods" or read a couple people's build threads.
Thanks man. I really don't know anything about tuning yet, but would like to learn. I just hope it's easier than it sounds. I really wanna do as much of it by myself or with a friend. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome,

What mods have you done so far, what's your future goal?

A tune by far will be the best HP mod you can do!
Well right now, all I've done are cosmetic changes. I should've been clear, I haven't done anything to upgrade the performance yet. But what I want to happen is increase the HP, without changing a lot of things. I would prefer to install a lot of things by myself though, so I could learn. I've been wanting to change the way my exhaust sounds though.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Well right now, all I've done are cosmetic changes. I should've been clear, I haven't done anything to upgrade the performance yet. But what I want to happen is increase the HP, without changing a lot of things. I would prefer to install a lot of things by myself though, so I could learn. I've been wanting to change the way my exhaust sounds though.
Dats wassup! Dp and tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I don't really have a specific amount, what I mean is the cheapest way to upgrade it. And "too loud" would probably be making all the cars' alarm go off everytime i pass by. I would like it be very noticeable though.
Our cars can be so incredibly loud or quite with the same exhaust, just depends on how much of an asshole you are.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.