Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CEL comes on every few days and goes off a day later. throws p0507 code IAC reading higher air then normal. Also throws code for catalyst threshold lower then expected but thats due to the other problem i assume. I can feel a small loss of power, fuel milage went down a tad, i get a small boost surge between 2k and 2.5k rpms. Also theres oil around my oil filler cap (which the filler neck its connected to blew off my motor while in 1st gear boost. Thats why i think PCV cuz its not ventilating the crank case properly). Let me know what you guys think or where i should start. i heard the problem could possibly be an "IRC motor" not sure what that is though. Thanks

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
If you're filler neck blew off, you're pcv is definitely plugged, get a catch can, I like the 42DD stealth can too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I'm gunna do the pcv then. Should I just do the actual valve or is it nessisary to do all the hoses, clips, extra... ? Is there a pre-fabbed sort of pcv with catch can assembly available anywhere? Appreciate the help guys

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Ok so I'm gunna do the pcv then. Should I just do the actual valve or is it nessisary to do all the hoses, clips, extra... ? Is there a pre-fabbed sort of pcv with catch can assembly available anywhere? Appreciate the help guys
42 draft designs stealth catch can kit. Comes with plate, hoses, clamps. You just need the tools. And opt for the drain kit. Easy as buying pie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts