Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I have a 2011 GTI with the stock rims and I do not have enough money to buy new rims so I am looking to paint them. I want to give my GTI a different look than stock. I want a shop to paint them to have it look as nice as possible. Anyone know how much it would cost to have a shop paint all 4? Anyone have any pictures of their rims painted?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jsilva970 how much was it to get your rims painted?

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Jsilva970 how much was it to get your rims painted?
i dont own that car. it was just an example of what you can doo..

this is my car with painted rims and with stock rims

Stock

Painted

but i painted them myself for about 15 dollars

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
you could do something like this

or you could just powdecoat them!! which you can find a local person to do and its not that expensive.
THATS WHAT IM DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, NOW I SEE HOW ITS GONNA LOOK i might just do pin stipes though instead of doing the whole huf

·
Registered
70 Posts
i dont own that car. it was just an example of what you can doo..

this is my car with painted rims and with stock rims

Stock

Painted

but i painted them myself for about 15 dollars
and lowered...;-/

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
not sure how much it costs to have a wheel profesionally painted but it would probably be close to the price to have them powdercoated and they wont chip and scratch as easy.
unles you find a oven on craigslist and do it yourself 1 rim at a time :)

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
i read your signature.... please dont ruin your car with altezza tails :(
i have to see how they look on the car... they're not the civic style with silver, clear or whatever backgrounds, they're just gray and black backgrounds... and they are cheaper than buying another stock set so if i want to smoke them i can and still have a second stock pair if i need them... haha, had this thought through before i got them. thanks though, muchly appreciated!

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
i have to see how they look on the car... they're not the civic style with silver, clear or whatever backgrounds, they're just gray and black backgrounds... and they are cheaper than buying another stock set so if i want to smoke them i can and still have a second stock pair if i need them... haha, had this thought through before i got them. thanks though, muchly appreciated!
haha okayyy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts