Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I Saw This All I Could Say Was WOW :eek: .... I Really Like What This Guy Did .....Just Thought Id Share It . Feel Free To Post What U Think As Pics Of Urs If U Did Ur Own Badge In A Similar Way. Well Heres The Link Since It Wont Let Me Post All Of The Pics :(

VWvortex Forums: My two tone badge work (sorry 56k)

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
a few guys around here have that done as well. i was debating whether or not to do this. decided to just leave it black in the end. going for more of a stealth look.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I two-toned my front badge and its definately added to my stealth look and gives that depth to the badge. Helps that I own a BM. If you need any how to's let me know. It's not that hard. A bit of time and lots of patience.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good Stuff Man O0

·
Registered
978 Posts
yea my friend did tht and it looks bad ass!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
well who said u had 2 paint it red? my car is silver 2 and im thinkin of painting the inside silver. what do u guys think?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sand the chrome down so there's a rought surface for the paint to adhere. Then give it 3-4 good coats of paint and let it dry for a whole day or two. Then give it 3+ coats of clear coat and let it dry a day or two again (the longer the better).

The front chips, mine is now, but since I won't have a VW emblem on the front soon IDGAF.

·
Registered
978 Posts
well jyden how do u paint the backround of the rear emblem? mines all black now but i want the backround silver and the vw black.

·
Registered
459 Posts
well jyden how do u paint the backround of the rear emblem? mines all black now but i want the backround silver and the vw black.
You'll have to use floss to remove it, and then cut off the clips that keep the VW attached to the back. It's a pain in the ass, but it's the only way.

Vdubdriver said:
how do i remove the GTI on my Grill
You have to remove the grill. Search VWvortex on removing the front bumper, just stop at removing the grill and then push the metal pieces that keep the VW attached to the grill. Much easier to do than the rear emblem.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
As For Removing The GTI Offa The Grill ...... Its Not That Bad Its 2 Torx Bits Up Top Under Ur Hood And 2 Below Where Ur license Plate Normally Is The The Grill Comes Out And Theres 3 Plastic Tabs U Gotta Push In .... If U Want .....PM Me Ill Get Yah Some Pics Up

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks great, i like the two tone but on a silver gti with stock tail lights i dont know how good the badge would look blacked out :/

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts