Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Black

Votes: 7 70.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to this site, and have to say, its pretty awesome. Ive searched and searched, but i can't find what i'm looking for. I recently removed my ugly front license plate mount from the black part on my grill on my 2006 and have to get the holes in it filled. It's was pretty scratched up by the last owner. I'm planning on repainting it, and I don't know if i should paint it black like stock or color match it United Grey. I want to know how it would look painted grey like my fast. Has anyone color matched this part of their bumper, or seen pics of this? If pictures are available I'd love to see them, and make a decision for sure. Ideally united grey, but pics of any color dub would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
eff that, keep it black

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sure? I donno, maybe it would look too rabbit-ish. Still want it to look like a gti, mines like the only one around here :) I guess in that case, nobody would even notice probably. Would it look best black?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
paint it flat black :)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
thats what i meant to say, my bad

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So just how black is plastidip? Is it really black or is it more grey? And if I plastidipped that part of the grill would I need to do my emblem as well?

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Its a flat black from what I can tell...

I know people have pics of plasti-dipped stuff on here, just cant seem to find one atm.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I dont see why not, but dont take my word for that....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont see why not, but dont take my word for that....
alright, but would the plastidip be like stretchy anymore, or would clear coating it make the clear coat chip? Mind you, clear would be really easy to touch up, hey?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could someone photoshop it colormatched on a ug mkv? That would help, or a real pic would be even better!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd leave it black,
plastidip is black, flat black. If you don't like it just peel it off.
I've seen an MKV jetta with a color match front and its not a good look to me.
But its your car, do what you want.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, I think I like the contrast I've seen on mkv's with the matte black front. It probably wouldn't look very cool colormatched. I'll see what I can do :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmmm, i think shiny black like stock might be the sexiest, and thats pretty much what were going for here ha

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i had mine colormatched, but my car is black. then i decided it sucked, so i went semi gloss, that sucked. then i went shiny black and it sucked too, then i went flat and it looked sweet. and now i have silver/matte black rogue status.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts