·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
inspect and replace if necessary, but plan to soon anyways

your pcv could be fvcked

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Ok, so I replaced the cam follower last night ....or at least what was left of it!!

I took a picture but I can't figure out how to get it on this post. The cam follower was completely obliterated. I took out the cylinder sidewalls in one piece but the end was in 3 pieces. I don't know how long I've been driving on this.

MY QUESTION: Since I've been driving with a busted follower, what did that potentially do to the engine? Anything I should check or keep an eye out for?

side note: That bolt on the bottom of the HPFP that uses an M8 bit ....good F-ing god that was a pain!! I guess that's called the Banjo bolt? Any way around that?

thanks
yeah, I'd seriously consider throwing in a new cam follower and sell that car asap before it craps on you, unless you have cash to replace the motor.

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
So in the future if this were to happen again (not that I plan on letting that happen) and the CEL pops on and it ends up being a busted cam, they will replace it under warranty?
I'd check that first with VWofA or the local dealership. Because I think there's going to be some damage to throw a CEL. You're better off just checking it often and replace when necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts