Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sorry if this is already in here a bunch of times but here goes. My car started to feel doggy thursday like almost no acceleration and no warning lights in the dash. I drove it later and seemed to be better. Then saturday the check engine light came on, I can feel it accelerate but it doesn't seem as strong. I borrowed a code reader from an auto parts store and the code was P0234, that comes up as a overboost. I then barrowed a vag-com cable from a friend last night and have it plugged in now. It shows the same fault code but above that has 000564-boost pressure regulation. Is this a common code for the diverter valve going bad? I have been running APR stage 1 and a carbino intake for about 2 years. My car has a little over 90,000 miles on it. Glad to hear any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am sorry if this is already in here a bunch of times but here goes. My car started to feel doggy thursday like almost no acceleration and no warning lights in the dash. I drove it later and seemed to be better. Then saturday the check engine light came on, I can feel it accelerate but it doesn't seem as strong. I borrowed a code reader from an auto parts store and the code was P0234, that comes up as a overboost. I then barrowed a vag-com cable from a friend last night and have it plugged in now. It shows the same fault code but above that has 000564-boost pressure regulation. Is this a common code for the diverter valve going bad? I have been running APR stage 1 and a carbino intake for about 2 years. My car has a little over 90,000 miles on it. Glad to hear any help.
You can check the DV, N75 (Controls the wastegate movement), the wastegate its self cause it can be stuck open or stuck closed and all the vacuum hoses

1 - 2 of 2 Posts