Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find out if the so called OY update relates to only certain GTIs. I have an '07 made on early April of ... '07. I called the dealer and they told me there is no need for an OY update because the car is fairly new.

My guess is the bug has been resolved at the assembly line, but how can I check? I've found that dealers would not do certain things unless something else is going on; so to justify the charges under the guarantee.

Ideas? Can I read it with a VAG C?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Serge said:
I've been trying to find out if the so called OY update relates to only certain GTIs. I have an '07 made on early April of ... '07. I called the dealer and they told me there is no need for an OY update because the car is fairly new.

My guess is the bug has been resolved at the assembly line, but how can I check? I've found that dealers would not do certain things unless something else is going on; so to justify the charges under the guarantee.

Ideas? Can I read it with a VAG C?
AFAIK: It's based on your VIN # whether you need the update or not...

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
blackgti06 said:
The dealer told me i need it. But i dont want my chip getting removed.
Just remember- you don't have a physical chip. It's software and if it's properly licensed most reputable shops will reflash the ECU for free, if you have such an issue. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts