Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the Farenheit. The pic of two of them on another post is great. Driving around today I spotted an old Beetle. Now it could have been a nice patina of rust, but it looked like the same orange. :eek:

·
Banned
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[fish] This must be why I'm hooked on orange! This is a collapsible oil rig. I drove it in the desert of Wyoming. The front 4 wheels turn, and the transmission is automatic! At 55mph it would take 1/4 mile to come to a full stop, unless you rolled it! I even had cop cars pull over to let me pass bye. A 6" differance between either set of wheels and it would flip. Used a 6 cylinder engine to start it's two 12 cyl. diesel engines. We would pipe down over a mile deep. Lots of injuries and even deaths. My job was as derrick hand, up in the tower. Scary S*[email protected]#. What was amazing was that while the country was in an " oil crisis", late 70's, we would go around and shut down whole oil fields!

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
clay you must be old if you remember the orange crush in denver. lol >:D >:D >:D >:D [fish] [fish] [fish] [fish] [fish] [fish] [fish] [fish] [fish]

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wait, how did you do that to the seats? Would've been nice if the stock seats had at least orange stitching on them. But how did you do this?

·
Banned
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Details..
It is actually vinyl, but so close to feel and look of leather even the dealership thought I had the pieces dyed! The headrest are tough. The originals are sewn together then injected with foam, so he couldn't simply restitch, he actually made whole new covers. Then he took the seats out and removed the pieces I wanted changed. He cut out new pieces from the orange material and re-stitched. Did a great job, looks factory. The dealership wants me to send pics to VW. Cost=$539:)

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
looks very very nice O0 ..... kinda makes me wanna do that to mine but red where urs are orange

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Clay, that's amazing!!! I love it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts