Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To: U.S. Congress

Dihydrogen Monoxide (Henceforth referred to as DHM) is a compound being used in products across the globe. Though this compound is relatively safe under the right circumstances, it is one of the most common causes of death or other accidents worldwide. Though it can be used safely, it can burn skin, and is deadly if inhaled. Farmers across the nation have been using this product on crops as a growth enhancement aid, despite the fact that it can cause massive damage to the crops and even BUILDINGS, which they justify because it makes the crops that aren't destroyed significantly larger. In addition, varying amounts of DHM end up in food products.

DHM is used in the processing of various non-food related products as well, because it can be used as an industrial coolant. This means a possibly deadly industrial coolant is ending up in our food products without any warning to the consumer.

As of now, the government is ignoring the tremendous risks associated with DHM. It is a compound that we, the undersigned, feel should be restricted, if not banned, in this country. In addition, all products carrying DHM should bear a seal or label warning consumers of the presence of DHM in that product. Significant steps should be made to encourage farmers and manufacturers to avoid DHM, including some kind of incentive program for those who make their product DHM free.

DHM is dangerous, and should be eliminated. Ingestion of large quantities could cause a lethal buildup of Hydroxic Acid in the bloodstream causing death.

Sincerely,

To sign the online petition go here: http://www.petitiononline.com/BanDHM/petition.html

;D

·
Registered
321 Posts
That's odd...

I have been in an environment where I have been constantly exposed to this, so called, "DHM" my entire life. In fact, I make it a point to ingest a substantial amount on a daily basis.

And look at me. I'm fine. Nothing wrong with me whatsoever. Maybe I'm immune. Just to prove it I will post a recent pic of me. I was so excited in this pic because it is right after I got my Fast!

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I think that crosses the line, just slightly MicMoor... ??? :-\

I don't care, but i can see people getting offended.

Just watching your back. O0

·
Registered
321 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
I think that crosses the line, just slightly MicMoor... ??? :-\

I don't care, but i can see people getting offended.

Just watching your back. O0
Thanks for watching my back. I don't intend to offend anyone, just make a little humor. If someone does get offended then, oh well. I guess I'm an asshole. :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dihydrogen Monoxide, if left on your paint, could cause damage, especially if it's in it's natural form. :'(

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MSVDUB said:
How the hell do they get away with outting this shit in our food and not telling us!? :mad:
They've been doing it for YEARS!!!

Last year we had a lady who died from an overdose up in Sacremento, due to some radio contest. :eek:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Dragon said:
MSVDUB said:
How the hell do they get away with outting this shit in our food and not telling us!? :mad:
They've been doing it for YEARS!!!

Last year we had a lady who died from an overdose up in Sacremento, due to some radio contest. :eek:
Well, she wasnt exactly a smart one thinking that you could consume so much of it without something bad occuring.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wasnt' that because she drank to much water?! It happens...overhydration...basically makes your cells swell and you die :-\

1 - 20 of 27 Posts