Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name one or more things you hate about your New MKVI GTI.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
The sunroof dial thing.... the one on the MkV was so smart, you could easily tell where center was. New one's a big stupid knob and if you have the sunroof tilted up and want to close it, it's hard to find center on the dial, often I turn it too far and end up sliding open the sunroof one click.

Too many buttons on the steering wheel. I f'n hate it (happened again just last night) when I'm listening to an awesome song and then while steering my left hand accidentally hits the mute button or changes the radio station/track.

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
nothing Its a huge improvement from the mkv

·
Registered
10 Posts
The one thing I hate is not being able to hear the turbo spool up.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Front looks like a gay rocketship. I believe farmer said this best
Pretty sure it says 'YOUR" MKVI. Of course the MKV guys are going to hate on the improvements. And I believe Farmer is driving a limited edition automatic pumpkin. :)

I hate that you have to spend $600 to get the power it should have come with from the factory. Although you probably make it back in insurance prems

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
To this thread, I say boo. Having said that, I will agree with Thalo on the sunroof dial. I wouldn’t go as far as saying I hate it, but it’s not ideal. What is completely unforgivable though, is the Dynaudio sound system. I feel like these speakers are going to blow at any minute. They can’t handle high volumes at all. They start popping and crackling and the overall quality starts deteriorating when the volume is at like, 12. The bass is ok, considering the lack of a subwoofer (Dear VW, Si’s come stock with a sub. I’m just saying…) but the highs are disgusting. I think I get better sound out of my $20 iHome. I knew I would need subs but it looks like I need to replace all of the speakers to get the sound quality I want. It's obscene that they charge extra for the Dynaudio.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Now that I think of some of the ridiculous sunroof user interfaces in other cars, the dial in the MkVI isn't that bad. Just was better in the MkV and didn't require any changes/improvements.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
To this thread, I say boo. Having said that, I will agree with Thalo on the sunroof dial. I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate it, but it's not ideal. What is completely unforgivable though, is the Dynaudio sound system. I feel like these speakers are going to blow at any minute. They can't handle high volumes at all. They start popping and crackling and the overall quality starts deteriorating when the volume is at like, 12. The bass is ok, considering the lack of a subwoofer (Dear VW, Si's come stock with a sub. I'm just saying…) but the highs are disgusting. I think I get better sound out of my $20 iHome. I knew I would need subs but it looks like I need to replace all of the speakers to get the sound quality I want. It's obscene that they charge extra for the Dynaudio.
I feel really bad about this post. Kind of like the way you feel after you yell at a puppy. Yeah, I'm angry that you peed on the carpet, but I just can't stay mad at you for long. It's not the MKVI's fault it was equipped with a mediocre sound system. So I rescind my previous post. I hate nothing about you MKVI.

P.S. Please don't go all Christine on me and run me over. Thanks a heap!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
i hate the fact that i dont have one. but i still have much love for the MKiv

·
Registered
109 Posts
stock tires! need something more like this;

·
Registered
81 Posts
the thing i hate about my MkVI is that it's totalled. yes i said it, totalled. very sad i know. i feel like sh!t but she is in a better place now. good news is that insurance covers everything and i should have a new one in a couple days. and no, i am not some rich, spoiled kid. i work my ass off and get insurance just in case sh!t hits the fan. lesson learned.

·
Banned
87 Posts
i think he lost traction, hit a lightpole, ramped up on a sidewalk, then mowed through some trees and bushes. he'll be back in buisness with a new one tho soon :) WHOOOO GAP INSURANCE! lol.

JOSH. GET PIRELLI!

·
Registered
81 Posts
i think he lost traction, hit a lightpole, ramped up on a sidewalk, then mowed through some trees and bushes. he'll be back in buisness with a new one tho soon :) WHOOOO GAP INSURANCE! lol.
yes. that is exactly what happened. but the gap insurance really saved my ass. i am getting a new one, exactly the same, in the next day or so.

mike. i gotta get snow tires first lol. i saw yours btw. pretty sick.

·
Banned
87 Posts
yes. that is exactly what happened. but the gap insurance really saved my ass. i am getting a new one, exactly the same, in the next day or so.

mike. i gotta get snow tires first lol. i saw yours btw. pretty sick.
thanks man. Nokian Hakkapeliitta 4's. id rather spend money on badass tires than save a couple bucks and slide into a pole ;) haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not enough room in the center console, and the previous mentioned sound system. other than that it's bad f***** a**. only had it for two days though...

1 - 20 of 91 Posts