Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 GTI 1.8t 106k

Oil pressure sensor was going off randomly but not frequently (prob 2x in a couple weeks). I had a CEL light on for a suck open thermostat.. so i went ahead and got the oil pressure sensor with the thermostat and did them both last night. Now with the new part in the car will put the three beeps along with the blinking light out as soon as you go over 2.5 RPMs..Im not sure exactly what the issue is..there is oil in the car its been changed less than 2k miles ago..let me know what you think please..thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Make sure you got the right sensor. There is a high and low pressure sensor, could hve gotten the wrong one. If that's not it check the oil pick up in the pan, could be clogged. And worst case your oil pump is beat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oil pan has been dropped and cleaned, pickup filter cleaned out (SLUDGE)..all of the crank case pressure system has been replaced including the PCV valve. The light is still coming on. Im at school now and can no longer work on the car myself. What should I do..I was told that it could be a cheapy oil pressure sender thats causing the problem..(it was only 7 bucks from ecstuning.com) or it could be the oil pump? there is oil splashing around when I open the oil cap and rev the engine..any advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
My theory is when you can't find a direct solution, go with the cheapest option.

Even if the cheapest doesn't work, you only wasted a few bucks and now have piece of mind with the part you replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts