·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading here that the g8gt is gonna have a 361 hp and 385 torque engine
its gonna be priced appparently like this

26k v6
29k v8

only problem is i dont see manual tranny as an option! what a shame!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
there is a manual available...according to this months C&D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the updates is that the 2008 mode will NOT have a manual.

and the g8 doesn't really compare to the gti imo.
its out of its class its a full-sizes flagship car of pontiac will lots of power with classic rwd.

gti is really a different category

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
oh alright, i swear i read it came in stick.

i agree it is in a complete different ballpark.

·
Registered
573 Posts
If I wanted a G8, I would have bought one. If I wanted to hear about them, I would go to a G8 site. [suicide]

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
C&D (nov 2007) "a tremec six speed manual will become an option on the GT later in '08"

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah, but those (M5 & M6) are well established cars, and loved by enthusiasts everywhere. This is a Pontiac G8, an American car that a lot of people still don't know about and will soon be in it's first generation (as far as I know). The pictures of it that are professional and done in studios are nice looking, but everyone knows how angles and lighting can be deceptive (myspace effect). In the least, I'm excited to hear Pontiac is getting back into making better cars, but I wouldn't think about getting one anytime in the future.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GranTurismoInjection said:
Yeah, but those (M5 & M6) are well established cars, and loved by enthusiasts everywhere. This is a Pontiac G8, an American car that a lot of people still don't know about and will soon be in it's first generation (as far as I know). The pictures of it that are professional and done in studios are nice looking, but everyone knows how angles and lighting can be deceptive (myspace effect). In the least, I'm excited to hear Pontiac is getting back into making better cars, but I wouldn't think about getting one anytime in the future.
true but this is supposed to be the flagship of pontiac, and bring them out of the grave that they are in now. can only do that by making a good impression. and not allowing a manual tranny puts a bad impression on enthusiasts.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Importkiller1 said:
GranTurismoInjection said:
true but this is supposed to be the flagship of pontiac, and bring them out of the grave that they are in now. can only do that by making a good impression. and not allowing a manual tranny puts a bad impression on enthusiasts.
That's exactly what I said... but alright, I agree. The M5 & M6 can get away with that sort of thing, cause of their history, but the G8 cant.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Not a bad looker, but yes, needs a 6 speed manual.
...and a TURBO O0

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
i definitely thinks its a good lookin car, problem is...its an american car im gonna have to question its build quality.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It might be a good car. I hope it is a good car. But when I see that grill I just think of crappy cars - they have a long hill to climb to get past classics like this:

·
Registered
888 Posts
i hope that they didnt build a car around an engine. i was in a grand prix gt (v8) and that thing was just crap. It was a big v8 engine in a car that car barely handle a v6. Like chevy did with the cobalt. i doubt that this will be a problem with the g8 im just saying what Pontiac has done and needs to fix. hope that this car can help Pontiac regain its rep cause i really do love the classics, they had strike one with the new GTO, which did really bad.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts