Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do u guys know, if Dealers there in USA can order OEM Nav Systems, since here in Canada there are no Nav systems on GTI models ... also if u can't get an OEM Nav System .. does anyone have a pic of an aftermarket nav system in there GTI and witch once would work with an 07 GTI

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the unit off ebay for 520 euro, its a CD unit. I have an Ipod kit in too so the cd version was fine for me.

The install is quite simple, just a straight swap for an RDS300, remove the old radio, plug in the power and antenna. Then plug in the SAT-NAV antenna and locate it in the headliner. It works perfectly. The seller navi555 included Western Europe 2006 CD and the UK and Ireland CD and the sat antenna as part of the package. He is in lithuania but dont be too concerned, he has a good rating and pay via paypal so there is some come back.

The install is easy enough, you need to be carefull putting it back together to avoid and creaks or rattles but its simple enough. Navi555 does both cd and dvd units they are not brand new but mine is fully functional.

DAve N

·
Registered
90 Posts
DaveN said:
I got the unit off ebay for 520 euro, its a CD unit. I have an Ipod kit in too so the cd version was fine for me.

The install is quite simple, just a straight swap for an RDS300, remove the old radio, plug in the power and antenna. Then plug in the SAT-NAV antenna and locate it in the headliner. It works perfectly. The seller navi555 included Western Europe 2006 CD and the UK and Ireland CD and the sat antenna as part of the package. He is in lithuania but dont be too concerned, he has a good rating and pay via paypal so there is some come back.

The install is easy enough, you need to be carefull putting it back together to avoid and creaks or rattles but its simple enough. Navi555 does both cd and dvd units they are not brand new but mine is fully functional.

DAve N
Where was the sat nav antenna wire at in the headliner?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts