Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i took my gti in to the dealer on friday for an odd idle on a cold start it would stall out now and again or give me a hard time starting.(bone stock 07 dsg) so i took it in to the dealer they checked everything said it was fine but recommended that i take out my after market system and returned to the vw system.(why he would even say that i have no clue) I went off on the service manager and asked him why they would think for even a second my after market system would have anything to do with that problem. but the reflash they did fixed it for the most part so i was fine with that. I drive home about 16miles and go in my house for the night . i come out the next morning and start driving to the store and my yellow engine light comes on, i turn around and drive back home and popped the hood. there was oil everywhere, i checked my oil lv i was missing about 2 qt of oil. my dip stick wasnt all the way in i figured the tech fucked up so i went and got 2 qt of oil and filled it back up then let it sit for about 20min. upon restart the light was still on and i gave it a second to level out the idle then shut it down. opened my hood and there was oil all over the place again.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Whiterabbitmk5 said:
So i took my gti in to the dealer on friday for an odd idle on a cold start it would stall out now and again or give me a hard time starting.(bone stock 07 dsg) so i took it in to the dealer they checked everything said it was fine but recommended that i take out my after market system and returned to the vw system.(why he would even say that i have no clue) I went off on the service manager and asked him why they would think for even a second my after market system would have anything to do with that problem. but the reflash they did fixed it for the most part so i was fine with that. I drive home about 16miles and go in my house for the night . i come out the next morning and start driving to the store and my yellow engine light comes on, i turn around and drive back home and popped the hood. there was oil everywhere, i checked my oil lv i was missing about 2 qt of oil. my dip stick wasnt all the way in i figured the tech fucked up so i went and got 2 qt of oil and filled it back up then let it sit for about 20min. upon restart the light was still on and i gave it a second to level out the idle then shut it down. opened my hood and there was oil all over the place again.
Have you taken off the engine cover yet?
How does the PCV valve look?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt get too into it. My dealer has pretty much been an ass about everything so i didnt wanna touch it too much. I'll post what ends up being wrong once i get it over to them tomorrow and find out.

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Can't believe that the dealer is such an ass....especially when there is soooo much competion in this world.

Maybe you can threaten him to post negative stuff on the internet if he won't resolve anything.
I would also write/e-mail volkswagen direct if you don't get any positive results. Dealers get more incentives for positive feedback, so I don't understand why they would treat you like this.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
if they dont believe you make them fill up the oil and stick their heads by the engine while you rev it up for them.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
{agree} {agree} {agree} {agree} {agree} {agree} [good post] [good post] [good post] [good post] [good post] [good post] [good post] [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gave it too them today. it was a bad seal. they didnt bother to clean under the hood i made them come out and clean everything up before i took it back. then made fun of them for giving me a 200 point check list of things they checked on friday since the engine seals are on that list. VW calls about 3 days after any service im going to bash them when they call. I love my VW but i wont be sad when i get a 135i and have a dealer kiss my ass when i come in for oil changes or service.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Whiterabbitmk5 said:
I love my VW but i wont be sad when i get a 135i and have a dealer kiss my ass when i come in for oil changes or service.
Ask about the "loaner" program when you buy a 1 series. O0

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
VW should add to their 'European Exclusiveness' by having e.g. all maintenance for 4 years included and a loaner when your car is in service.

I had this when I had my Audi S4, but in the meantime the dropped that program as well. BMW is still offering this for three years here in Nevada.

Anytime my wife's Volvo goes in for service, I receive a complimentary loaner from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts