My Fast GTi banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen to this clip carefully.
Just as it dumps, it sounds like the valve is shaking, almost.
Is this harmful at all?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That BOV sound isn't weird, in fact, my uncle's 92 GMC Typhoon makes that sound every time he lets off the accelerator. Nothing is stock about his truck though, and its fast

check out some of his videos if you want, I took the video of all his 1/4 mile runs at Englishtown NJ O0
http://www.youtube.com/user/denny1213

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Tibor said:
Is this harmful at all?

Thanks in advance.
Valve flutter... But if you are considering an HKS SSQV, get ready for issues. :-\

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
i didn't hear the sound, but that truck is fast!
Im telling you, he'll be running 10's next time he goes to Englishtown. Halfway down the track he had to let off the gas because he was detonating. The problem was that 2 of his 3 methanal injectors were clogged. I was riding with him the other day, and holy god it is crazy fast :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dragon said:
Tibor said:
Is this harmful at all?

Thanks in advance.
Valve flutter... But if you are considering an HKS SSQV, get ready for issues. :-\
SSQV issues, please elaborate... :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
From what i can find it that sound is called turbo flutter, and all i can find out about it is from this website.... dont know how reliable the site is because its the only site that has info on it... scroll down and click on the "Flutter - Good or Bad?" http://www.turbosmart.com.au/index.php?s=faq, . Here's a video from youtube of the same sound but a bit louder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts