Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you click on this link, make sure you have a clear understanding that people died in this video, this should be a reminder to us all what can happen if we speed/race/elude and do not wear our seatbelts.

I dont know any details surrounding this accident, if it was a high speed chase or what, it may have been because a helicopter was filming it, but i dont know.

you might have to verify age to view this through YouTube.

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeah that was defenitely pretty bad, also why you should always wear your seat belt. And i couldnt imagine being in the oncoming traffic and seeing that happen. And to be the one to hit the person again good god that would cause a lot of scarring emotionally.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Alright everyone....SEATBELTS!!!!!!! The most important thing you can do for yourself safety-wise. Just click that sucker in, it's not that bad really.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You know, I'm usually pretty quiet around here, I just poke in an browse mostly. But sometimes I see something that I have to chime in on.

This is one of those times.

My wife sometimes thinks I have a black heart. Because I feel absolutely no pity for the fools in that SUV. The person I have the pity for is the poor S.O.B. who had to run these idiots over. Now they are the one who will suffer for this accident. Not physically but emotionally for the rest of their lives.

Who knows what they were doing, racing, running from the cops, showing off for their friends....but they should have at least known to put on their seat belt. Even that probably wouldn't have saved them with the way they hit the center divider, but you never know.

This is just god doing his handywork. Cleansing the gene pool of stupidity. Too bad they probably never got to feel the pain they deserved for putting the public in harms way.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
This is just god doing his handywork. Cleansing the gene pool of stupidity. Too bad they probably never got to feel the pain they deserved for putting the public in harms way.
^^^ :applause

I didn't see the video- becuase I didn't want to register to see it, however I've responded to and cleaned up after enough fatality accidents that come under the catagory "stupid human tricks". I'll spare y'all the details. :|

·
Registered
80 Posts
Video is no longer there but I've been a Firefighter for 8 years and a VRT for 6 (Vehicle Rescue Tech) No race is ever worth your life. Seat belts may feel uncomfortable but so is eating from a tube the rest of your life when you get ejected from the car and suffer a severe head injury.

And GLI Fahrenheit I couldn't have said it better myself...

·
Registered
50 Posts
the trick is to go faster than the driver behind you, especially if you don't have airbags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts