Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't heard of anyone on this site who has used a Nitrous system in their GTi. I was wondering if anyone did, how much it cost, and what the performance gains were. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
there is not one specifically for the GTi yet but i have a connect with my local shop who know of someone creating one. i have been looking into it myself. ill keep you updated. i should be in the shop next week getting a new catback system... special order from japan... >:D

·
Registered
556 Posts
GTfly said:
there is not one specifically for the GTi yet but i have a connect with my local shop who know of someone creating one. i have been looking into it myself. ill keep you updated. i should be in the shop next week getting a new catback system... special order from japan... >:D
Aww man, why'd you have to bring Japan into the equation? Oh well, I guess you can't beat the labor to price ratio ^-^

·
Registered
89 Posts
well i havnt heard of a Nos system specifically for the mkv but i know there are spraying systems which spray onto the intercooler to cool the temp even more. My friend has the setup and claims its great but still has to sget back to me more about it :) .. i wouldnt even install nos on the gti its so beautiful and has so much civil, easy potential :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I dont like NOS at all i think its a waste of money. Yeah u get a sh!& load of hp but your engine could only last so long. My opinion

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't really want NOS. I was just wondering because no one mentioned it before.

blackgti06 said:
I dont like NOS at all i think its a waste of money. Yeah u get a sh!& load of hp but your engine could only last so long. My opinion
But your engine can last the same amount as if you didn't use NOS. This is because if you are really into racing your car and you put NOS into it. Then you will probably change out all the stock pieces that could break, with performance parts. Like pistons, camshaft, headers, etc. But then again this costs a lot of money.

My friend has a 2000 Pontiac Trans am, with 900 WHP and he runs NOS on his 5.7 liter stock V8 block. Now his car has over 100,000 miles on it, and it still runs fine. And he pushes his car really hard down at the drag strip every weekend. He usually runs an 8.5 second quarter mile, and his ride is street legal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yea very true guess it all depends on your situation and how you drive and what you use your car for... for racing and drag if your really into it Nos is great i guess.. but people like me who want an amazing dail driver with lots of power so you can have fun on the roads, highways, even go to the track once ina while dont want nos..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts