Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while but i got a problem. My 06 GTI is constantly eating oil, and i was looking into buying an oil pressure and temp gauge to monitor it. I'm APR stage 2 with a bunch of supporting mods, and i already have a boost gauge. My problem is how to read oil pressure and temp. I've looked everywhere online and can't find what the normal pressure and temp should be, what's too high, what's too low, etc. If anyone has any kind information on this, or a link I could go to, it would be a huge help.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Dang, what engine code is this MKV? How much consumption (loss) are we talking?

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
This was copied of "Mitchell ondemand"

At 2000 RPM and an oil temperature of 80 ° C, the oil pressure should be between 2.7 to 4.5 bar.

At higher engine speeds oil pressure must not exceed 7.0 bar

And what is your reasoning for getting a oil temp gauge

it not really necessary. Oil pressure is good to have tho

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dang, what engine code is this MKV? How much consumption (loss) are we talking?
Dude, in 3000mi I could go nearly E on oil, the light came on the first time I was scared as sh*t I had 2800mi on the trip from my last oil change. It sucks Im getting rid of mine in the next couple of months and I didn't even have the car for a year. I bought it for a daily driver I drive approx 85+ miles a day when I go to work (5 or 6 times a week) gas/performance is good but I need an oil change every month .5.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while but i got a problem. My 06 GTI is constantly eating oil, and i was looking into buying an oil pressure and temp gauge to monitor it. I'm APR stage 2 with a bunch of supporting mods, and i already have a boost gauge. My problem is how to read oil pressure and temp. I've looked everywhere online and can't find what the normal pressure and temp should be, what's too high, what's too low, etc. If anyone has any kind information on this, or a link I could go to, it would be a huge help.
What kind of oil are you running? Doubt it will matter. The GTI book will tell you that some consumption is normal. After an extensive search, most GTI owners that have experienced said oil consumption have said a quart in 3000 miles is normal. More than that, something else is causing major oil burn. Sorry for your luck man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts