My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 06 Model with DSG and only 4k on the clock. Have got a rattly noise when idling seems to be coming from under engine on passenger side. When idle revs are up to 900 disappears, normal idle is around 750-800. Wonder if anything could be amiss with the DSG.Noticed also gearbosx can be a little clunky on downshifts, is that normal? Appreciate any sound ideas.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
MJW said:
Got a 06 Model with DSG and only 4k on the clock. Have got a rattly noise when idling seems to be coming from under engine on passenger side. When idle revs are up to 900 disappears, normal idle is around 750-800. Wonder if anything could be amiss with the DSG.Noticed also gearbosx can be a little clunky on downshifts, is that normal? Appreciate any sound ideas.
Only 4K??? Has it been to VW yet for it's initial service yet?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Could be that fuel line rattle... lets hope that's what it is at least!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dragon said:
MJW said:
Only 4K??? Has it been to VW yet for it's initial service yet?
Thanks for the prompt reply, yeah was in for first service couple of weeks back, VW service guy did sytem check oil etc etc said all was ok. He bound the upper 2 petrol pipes in the engine compartment but thats not the cause. I'll go back to them and let them listen again now that i pinpointed where it's coming from and see if they know what it is. It goes great appart from that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well had car in to VW main dealer and compared my car with a similar Gti with DSG. Apparently the noise when idling is a resonance sound coming from the sump area due to oil pump or something and is normal. Doesn't sound so great with a rumbling diesel like noise coming from ones engine when standing still but their it is.
Has anyone else noticed this i wonder !!?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think I have this same issue, only at idol, I thought it might be something with the DSG and not engaging the clutch enough at idol, but I'll bring it in next week to see if it's the fuel line rattle, which I hope is the issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tell the Dealer that it has a "tap-tap-tap" from the passenger side dash, and needs the upper "Fuel Line Insulator" installed. This fixes it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.