Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I finally solved my riddle!! I had asked a number of members about your Y pipe delete that you have installed on your car asking about an increase in throttle response, loss of "noise" in the interior and is it worth it?
Well after weeks of procrastination, I finally decided to go ahead and solve this on my own. I had found this great thread that lead me on my way; http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2865432
It obviously wasn't too hard to figure out. The plug I couldn't find at Home Depot, Lowes, or any other big name hardware store, I had to go to Joe Schmoes Hardware to find the right one.
And man is this the mod to do after Chip and exhaust!!!
Major difference in throttle response
Huge loss of cabin noise, (still can't figure out WHY VW would install something on our cars that would make them LOUDER, it is totally mind boggling:D)

Even if your not chipped you would be a tard NOT to do this.
btw, thanks to all who had given me there advise, gladly taken!!

formerly known as portlandGti at the last mfg.com

·
Registered
87 Posts
"Huge loss of cabin noise, (still can't figure out WHY VW would install something on our cars that would make them LOUDER, it is totally mind boggling)"

Dude, just my opinion but I LOVE the cabin noise and would increase it if I could.
Music to my ears!! Again just my opinion..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am sorry, but this is COMPLETE Noise, in the cabin. Not performance, but ANNOYANCE!! Totally useless in my opinion, and why you would want this Noise LOUDER, is a total guess to me??
Now I hear my cat back and CAI and Turbo even better. It is seriously like driving a completely different car.
Can't wait for my APR DP...............
By the way Richie, plug it, then you will see exactly what I am talking about, and WHY anyone would want to increase this in their ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts