Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had experience with removing/plugging the noise pipe or replacing it with the A3 Tubing?

I've found quite a few suggestions on the web on how to do this in different ways, but I am more interested in the alleged increase in performance or perhaps a smoother acceleration?

If anyone has done this mod, could you share your thoughts?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
DAS FAST said:
Has anyone here had experience with removing/plugging the noise pipe or replacing it with the A3 Tubing?

I've found quite a few suggestions on the web on how to do this in different ways, but I am more interested in the alleged increase in performance or perhaps a smoother acceleration?

Thanks,
2HP verified with the butt dyno and it's quiter in the cabin. O0 ;D

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm not sure it's worth the $80 bucks for the A3 pipe, but ditto on the less cabin noise, turbo is quicker to spool up, and more tire spin. ;D Definitely a different feel to the acceleration, smoother and quicker. I think it took about an hour and a half to install.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dragon said:
DAS FAST said:

Thanks,
2HP verified with the butt dyno and it's quiter in the cabin. O0 ;D
Dragon, did you plug, removed & plug or replaced with A3 tubing?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I installed the Neuspeed intercooler pipe and the turbo discharge on the same day. Between the two, I definitely felt the difference in throttle response. The GTech Pro couldn't tell any difference in HP, but I know it's not so accurate that I trust it to miss 1 or 2 HP.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So does the Y pipe "noise pipe" get replaced with that Neuspeed Hi Flo intercooler pipe, or did you purchase both the Hi Flo intercooler pipe and the Y pipe delete?? I was planning on the combo of the Neuspeed Hi flo discharge kit and the Intercooler pipe, but then I ran across the Y pipe delete and its description sounded like a valuable upgrade!! But if the Intercooler pipe would replace this pipe then why spend the extra 80$ right?? does that make sense :D
Also did you install the discharge pipe and intercooler pipe yourself or did you take it to the shop. I am pretty good at certain types of installs, but this one might be ify for me to do on my own I think. If you have some suggestions on how you rocked it please let me know.
I started another thread on this similar product and didn't get any USEFUL advise

·
Registered
747 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am tired of the amount of noise in the cabin, so I am thinking of removing my 'noise pipe'. my question is, do I have to get an intercooler pipe? or can I just remove it and block up the hole with the A3 plug?

thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I second that question Matt.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
i replaced the whole pipe with the A3 version. you can just plug it if you like though. but for a bit quicker throttle response its best to eliminate the broblem at the source. just my .2 cents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts