My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far my GTI has been great. Despite few races and few 140mph trips i had no speeding tickets. And yes i got one. It took a police helicopter to catch me. Now they dont know how fast i was going just that it was a lot faster than other cars on the freeway so i got a reduced fine.

My fast is making me do bad things, and now it has brought a police helicopter on me. What should i do?

Volkswagen please design wings for the next GTI hehe ;D

·
Registered
274 Posts
dawar said:
My fast is making me do bad things, and now it has brought a police helicopter on me. What should i do?

;D
Two things I can think of:
1. Stay out of my neighborhood.
2. Park that thing until you grow up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like you've never done 100mph on the highway. For that matter who here with a GTi hasnt?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes I have. Now let me remember what you said...hmmmm.....Oh, now I remember. A few races and a few 140mph trips. Sounds pretty immature to me. And the police helicopter! Wonderful! You are a menace that may not live long enough to grow up.

·
Registered
300 Posts
This is why they put a speed limiter in the states...

·
Registered
11 Posts
A menace wow that is pretty extreme. And may not live long enough to grow up? Totally unnecessary. Seems to me that the whole reason to buy a "fast" is to go FAST!! Now i'm not saying that you should go 140MPH out in public but if you are worrying about your neighborhood and people speeding you should probably be on the Golf forum where they don't have a turbo charger to speed things up. "Sorry us kids upset you, Sir"

·
Registered
148 Posts
There's a difference between "speeding" and doing 140 regularly. What do you think, it takes 2 seconds for the GTI to go from 100 to 140? 140 is not a safe speed and you must have traveled at 100+ for more than a few seconds. Not safe.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never mentioned reguarly or neighbourhood. I had my GTI for almost a year now and have done 140mph 3-4 times on the FREEWAY and the track, and the night they pulled me over i was only going a 100 in a 75 zone. If you think that is too fast then id suggest trading your GTI back to the dealer and perhaps getting a minivan or a smart car.

·
Registered
321 Posts
dawar said:
If you think that is too fast then id suggest trading your GTI back to the dealer and perhaps getting a minivan or a smart car.
Hey, don't be hating on the Smart. That ride is phat, yo O0

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't usually jump into meaningless conversations like this one, but....:)

Yes, we all (or at least most of us) have GTi's because we like to drive and we often like to drive fast. The problem, in my eyes, in the OP is when he tells us that it took a helicopter to catch him. To me that implies that you were running from the police...which is childlike and stupid.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
dawar said:
So far my GTI has been great. Despite few races and few 140mph trips i had no speeding tickets. And yes i got one. It took a police helicopter to catch me. Now they dont know how fast i was going just that it was a lot faster than other cars on the freeway so i got a reduced fine.

Volkswagen please design wings for the next GTI hehe ;D
Maybe these'll help: http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=16
or this:
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=41

;D

Wanna do a ton? Take it to the track ;)

·
5,926 Posts
it is sad that i can do 140mph on the autobahn and still get passed by a BMW station wagon full of a family :-\ :-[ ??? ???

·
Registered
103 Posts
hahaha ... i have taken my gti 240KM/H ... thats like 149Miles and hour

thank god no cops saw me .... and here in canada they would shoot u first before getting a chopper to come and flag u down .... cops rather eat there donuts then come looking for u from the sky

also ... it is fun to take ur GTI to new level once in a while ... hell if u didn't buy the gti becuse of the speed ... u should have considered buying a Honda Fit ... i hear it does 38mpg ... hell i be shocked if it holds together at 80MPH

1 - 20 of 33 Posts