Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light in the panel wont turn on when the head lights are on..had the car for 5 days everything for fine when i drove it off the lot now they dont work

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Heh..welcome to VW electronics land. I Don't know y they can't seem to figure out that aspect yet. oh well I love my fast anyway. they will get it together sometime.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
The light in the panel wont turn on when the head lights are on..had the car for 5 days everything for fine when i drove it off the lot now they dont work
Check the Fuse panel. 3rd row down about right in the middle, if you look on the back side of the fuse box cover for the inside of the Car you'll see 2 what appear to be gauges. The one closest to the drivers seat is the lights, the other fuse is the power for the needles themselves. If you need a few pics for help just ask. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now today while driving hit a bump and they came on my friend suggested the the wires in back of the euro switch are lose...but checked the fuse early in the day pulled the fuse and now the airbag light came on

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
As for the airbag light, welcome to my world. Need to have someone with Vag-Com or a dealer reset the light. Battery trick wont work because the light only trips when the bags need to be "serviced" in which, they check to make sure they work and reset the light with vag-com. the OBD scanners wont work, tried those already :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
waste of time goin to service...had to replace euro switch with oem and reset airbag light with vac-com

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
ah... I want to get one myself for rear fogs and city lights :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.