Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason the AUX input for the premium 6cd changer stoick radio was not available in the Canadian version up until a few weeks ago, for the GTI. Built in sat radio is not included either.

Is it possible to have this installed to the dealer?

EDIT: I just got off the phone with 2 dealers, and both said the same thing: An iPod adaptor can be added but NOT an auxillary input. Does this make sense??

·
Registered
573 Posts
You can buy an adapter, and install it, or have it installed. If you have a radio in the car, tie into where the antena feed meets the radio, and split it there. I just bought one, and I can't remember exactly what it cost, but it was between $20 and $30. It was for an Escalade, which means the entire dash had to come out. It was more than I wanted to do, not to mention it was for my father in law, and every rattle and sueek forever more would have been blamed on me... so I paid $71 to have it installed. All said, less than a hundred bucks. Don't mess with the dealers on this, go to a car stereo shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Gunny. I have the aux input for the guitar ( still waiting on it), but our friend didn't. I would check it out though if I didn't.

B$$$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts