Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to forum and VW in general. About 2 months ago I purchased a 2009 GTI 6 speed manual from a dealer. 70k mileage. The only warranty I ended up with was a one year powertrain warranty, I pay half they pay half. Sucks I know. But besides that I have absolutely no AC. The blower itself works great, all speeds work, heat works, AC button will light up when I press it, but no cool air, there is no noise from the compressor or fans, and no change in rpms or anything that would usually come along with the ac being turned on. I have ran through the fuses with a multimeter but I should probably double check. I don't even know which fuse/fuses relate to the AC since the manual is no help and fuse diagrams are hard to find for these things. Any ideas? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
There are quite a few out there with failing AC's and a new compressor is not cheap. Sorry you got one of those :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
My AC also just went out mine is a 2008 with about 85,000. Took it to the dealership and was told its a bad compressor. The AC still functions like yours does, but it doesn't blow any cold air. Dealership said it would be about $1,000 to replace. I checked with a couple other mechanics and the price is still around the same to replace. Guessing its due to the amount of time and effort it takes. Hopefully yours is just a fuse.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.