Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did the whole nightshade thing on my MKV tail lights. I did a medium darkness and in my garage on a fairly sunny day I can see them well with the lights on and also with the brake depressed. When my friend was driving behind me yesterday however, He said he could see them, but barely. I'm wondering if there's a bulb or LED or something that I can put in them that won't require too much modification or strain the fuse causing it to blow.

Any suggestions besides sanding down the tail lights?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
all i ffound were ebay ones that im hesitant to try, cuz mine are dark as fux. i threw a couple LED strips in the rear window. they seem to help a little bit to keep the cops away

·
Registered
1,834 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh okay yeah I see what you are talking about. I'm thinking about putting in Red LEDs in, but I don't know if it would be a clean replacement, and more importantly I don't know if it would actually be any brighter?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/2008/volkswagen/gti/with-hid-headlamps/64/594/52

I mean it's a safety thing. I don't want to have my girl in the car and get smashed from behind if the sun is low on the horizon or something lol

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Oh okay yeah I see what you are talking about. I'm thinking about putting in Red LEDs in, but I don't know if it would be a clean replacement, and more importantly I don't know if it would actually be any brighter?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/2008/volkswagen/gti/with-hid-headlamps/64/594/52

I mean it's a safety thing. I don't want to have my girl in the car and get smashed from behind if the sun is low on the horizon or something lol
yup, and since te lens is tinted red, i would go for white ones

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
lmk how it works out. i would go with the white though, esp since it takes more to shine threw tint, and red isnt as bright

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update* The LED lights were actually slightly more dark if not the same brightness as the lights that were in it already

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Update* The LED lights were actually slightly more dark if not the same brightness as the lights that were in it already
Sand down and leave red if you are not able to get them brighter. I had mine painted black with car paint and it looked good but in the day is sucked. But at night it was just as bright as if i did not paint them. Find some tails online you like and order them. Best option so you do not have to worry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Haha, that sucks broski

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah it does lol... It's not like you can't see them but its just not easy... I just bought these... They're actually pretty sick looking.

http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/product_info.php?cPath=1_35_192&products_id=1368

Use coupon code GOLFMKV5%OFF for obviously 5% off and free shipping (At least to New York)

Anyone looking to buy a new set of nice Nightshade lights ;) lol
I just bought the same lights. Did you change to red bulbs? If so....which ones and do you have a pic.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.