Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a new 07 GTi owner and also new turbo car owner.

I live in Asia where the temperature is +35 degrees C in the summer and I track a lot. Therefore I wanted to install Defi Oil Pressure and Oil Temperature to monitor my engine and turbo status. I already have a boost gauge.

I want to ask what are the optimum numbers for the Oil pressure and oil temperature? Also, what does these numbers really mean? Higher for oil press is better or lower? What bout oil temperature?

Also for the boost, what is the normal standard chipped GTi boost? How much is high and how much is too low? How do you determine a boost leak?

Please would any experienced turbo driver answer my questions, thank you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just do some searching on this site, my GTI is my first turbo car to, and I picked up an 07 I have only had it about 5 months now, but so far this forum has answered more of my questions, then the stupid dealership.

About chipping you really got to think about a few things, first if chiped look at the companys out there, diffrent software will push your boost to diffrent amounts. There is only one compnay I trust and that is because they are the only ones that make there software to VW spec, which means if you take your car in for work they wont even know it's been flashed (has software) unless you tell them. Just my two cents, I am sure you will find others feel diffrent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts