Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just purchased a 2007 GTI today, I am looking for a cheap and quick way to get better HP and MPG's I drive apx 130 miles a day to work so I want something that will help with the MPG's but I would also like extra pwr if posssable? I am not looking to spend a whole lot. The guy who owned in before me did a few things to it, K&N and something to the turbo inlet? I already have another very fast car and this will be my daily driver, but I would like to make it a little better than average.

Thanks.

Mike

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
First of all, welcome - look under the MODS and your best bet is to get it chipped....but wait until after the breakin period.

There is a lot of information on MFG - have fun GTI'ing

·
Registered
106 Posts
yeah, chip is the easiest thing you can do to improve performance... not sure what MPG improvements you'll see but Revo, GIAC and APR are the 3 companies that seem to always be talked about in Chip discussions.

Find a local dealer that does either of the 3 chip flashes and talk to them face to face imo.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Flash the ECU (chip it). Changes to power and torque curves was incredible for just the one change. Get one you can readily turn off and on fi mileage is a concern. I found that stage one cost me about .4 miles/gallon. For the difference though, I don't bother to turn it off. Kill and Valet are nice software features to add while you are at it. Each of these extras will run ~ $50 more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I just picked it up today. I have been looking over it looks like some mods have allready been done? There is some pipes that say eurojet on them comming off of the intake and it looks like it got some cold air/bigger intake pipes that say nuespeed. Now that I have the car without the dealer in the passenger seat I have had the chance to get on it, and I have to say that it is very impressive. I will try to get the previous owners number and see what all is done to it. The Dealer had no idea?

Thanks agian for the info.

Mike

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Pictures! We can ID just about anything done to the Outside of the 2.0T engine! To me it sounds like an EA pipe (noisemaker) and a P-Flo!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey all I will get some pics of the bay this weekend. It looks like it has a nuespeed intake, as far as the eurojet stuff, the pipe comes down from the front and looks like it routs into an intercooler? Wether its a stock or aftermarket intercooler I don't know? I will get pics of it this weekend a put them on here.

Thanks.

Mike

P.S. I was racing my coworkers 08 IS 350 at the track during lunch today and it kept right up with it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts