Discussion Starter #1
ok, 2 months im buying a new 2007 gti

black
6-speed, manual 2.0T
navigation
leather seats
18' vision rims

questions:

for a blow-off valve, what do i need to get? just a blow-off valve? i heard you needed something before a blow-off valve- but i forget what he said

im also looking for an exhaust, i want a little sound...not too much, but a little, possibly some performance...

i have my heart set on this bodykit
http://autotech.com/prod_aero_zender_mk5gti.htm

what chip do you all recommend?

should i get a cool-air intake>?

look forward to hearing all your opinions/answers

please no flaming

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
donny said:
ok, 2 months im buying a new 2007 gti

black
6-speed, manual 2.0T
navigation
leather seats
18' vision rims

questions:

for a blow-off valve, what do i need to get? just a blow-off valve? i heard you needed something before a blow-off valve- but i forget what he said

im also looking for an exhaust, i want a little sound...not too much, but a little, possibly some performance...

i have my heart set on this bodykit
http://autotech.com/prod_aero_zender_mk5gti.htm

what chip do you all recommend?

should i get a cool-air intake>?

look forward to hearing all your opinions/answers

please no flaming
No flaming? [flame] [fish]

Sorry I had too...

As far as the blow off valve - do a search for DV or BOV. You probably want to stick with a diverter valve, if you want the a good one order it now http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMFSITV (they are on back-order)

You may want to skip the nav package- not worth it and you loose some functionality of MP3 playability.

Engine performance software upgrades: I'm running Revo Stage I but I'd also consider the Neuspeed software (which I brand new and just released.)

The cold air intake is a good investment.

·
Registered
952 Posts
[good post] Keep it up Dragon and I may have to bring back karma just for you. ;)
ff

ps. Dragon's right about the Nav, no touch screen and the hard buttons are impossible to operate at speed. IMO not worth the money. Keep the 2500 + interest and invest in a portable nav if you have to have it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Fast Freddie said:
[good post] Keep it up Dragon and I may have to bring back karma just for you. ;)
ff

ps. Dragon's right about the Nav, no touch screen and the hard buttons are impossible to operate at speed. IMO not worth the money. Keep the 2500 + interest and invest in a portable nav if you have to have it.
I agree. I have one of those Garmin nuvi models and it's excellent. It even has Bluetooth connectivity so you can have hands-free calls on your cell phone.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Seawolfe said:
Fast Freddie said:
ff

I agree. I have one of those Garmin nuvi models and it's excellent. It even has Bluetooth connectivity so you can have hands-free calls on your cell phone.
I didn't know you had internet access under the clear blue ocean's..... on a stealth mission to track and follow enemy boomer's?

I know...way to many movies! :ignore: me

·
Registered
342 Posts
I didn't know you had internet access under the clear blue ocean's..... on a stealth mission to track and follow enemy boomer's?

I know...way to many movies! me
Yeah, you know, modern technology these days :) Naw, we're in port right now, and I'm on leave; it's nice to be away from the boat! :D

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Seawolfe said:

I know...way to many movies! me
Yeah, you know, modern technology these days :) Naw, we're in port right now, and I'm on leave; it's nice to be away from the boat! :D
Let me know when ya want the boat hooked up while at sea ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.