Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i am looking for the best/most comfortable ride possible for my gti because its my DD.I was looking at some Koni yellows for struts and also what springs to use too because im looking for some drop too.Thanks

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
[flame]Have you tried using the SEARCH button?:eek: There is a whole section full of threads about suspension setups here and on every forum. To answer your question I would get coilovers. They are adjustable to whatever ride height you want. You can get ones with dampening also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK sweet i will look into the FSD set and what springs would you recommend running with the FSD set?And to answer your question xcrazydx yes i tried searching and no one really had opionions on them however i am new to this forum so i havent really figured out how to completely navigate through it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i was thinking about going coilovers but the only problem is when u start messing with it and changing its height and crap doesnt that mess with the alignment?Also how do coilovers ride?Cause im all about taking turns at double the speed limit but i would like a little more better ride quality more only cause its a DD.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Anyone Know If The FSD's I Just Took Off Will Fit His Mk4 ?
If So I Have Some To Sell U Sir
I almost considered buying your kit, but I think Im going to hold off for some B&G's

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I almost considered buying your kit, but I think Im going to hold off for some B&G's

U Will Love The B&G's ... Theres Rediculas Amount Of Adjustment On Them .... Ive Got All The Tools To Do It .... U Can Come Down And Bum Them And Ill Coach U But I WIll Not Be Doing Another Mk5 Install Unless Theres Alot Of $ Involved

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Yea i was thinking about going coilovers but the only problem is when u start messing with it and changing its height and crap doesnt that mess with the alignment?Also how do coilovers ride?Cause im all about taking turns at double the speed limit but i would like a little more better ride quality more only cause its a DD.
my cup kit can do that at turns. Also after making 110 mph+ runs on stock and with my cup kit, the cup kit makes the car much more stable.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts

U Will Love The B&G's ... Theres Rediculas Amount Of Adjustment On Them .... Ive Got All The Tools To Do It .... U Can Come Down And Bum Them And Ill Coach U But I WIll Not Be Doing Another Mk5 Install Unless Theres Alot Of $ Involved
Thanks for the offer but I'll be putting my car on a lift in a heated garage for this job. If I have an "epic fail" moment I may give you a ring....

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
i have the Koni FSD with H&R Race Springs, front and rear sways, and a few more suspension upgrades and take turn at x2 the speed all the time.

but like Slip said he can also take turns at x2 the speed

i have coils on my mk3 DD and i think they ride very well for being as low as it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.