Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--Ok So I Was Talkin To My Buddy And He Said He Had Some GTI Side Markers For Sale And Since He Owes Me For Lookin Out For Him In The Past He Said I Could Have Em For $20 .So I Checked The Price Of Em Online And The Sell For Like $40

--Before (Stock Ones)

--After(Ones I Got From My Buddy For $20)

Only Tools I Needed Were ..... A T-20 Torx Bit And This Lil Offset Stuby Ratchet

--Also Does Anyone Know What If Anything Goes In This Slot (In Between Your Headlight And Fog Light)

--Well Leme Know What U Guys Think.
Chr!s

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
The new marker is way better. As far as the "slot"you speak of, are u talkin about the headlight washer that got deleted halfway through '07 production? Its the rectangular panel on the bumper cover if thats what ur talkin about.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Are those the smoked or color matched lenses? I'd like to get the color match for my CW and wondered how well the color matches up. I didn't know you needed a torx bit to install them; thought you just popped the old ones out and replaced with the new. Can you give details?

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new marker is way better. As far as the "slot"you speak of, are u talkin about the headlight washer that got deleted halfway through '07 production? Its the rectangular panel on the bumper cover if thats what ur talkin about.
Thanks Man . This Is The Slot Thingy I Was Talking About .... Inside The Yellow Circle.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well The Torx Bit Was To Remove The Inside Of The Wheel Well Its The Eziest Way I Found To Get To Them So U Could Pop Them Out . They just Pop In And Out Like You Said.... And As For Ur Question They Are Smoked Sidemarkers .

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
nicely done

hehe. yeah, there is no tools requered to get em out. just push on the left side, and it will go in, then just pull it out. i colore matched mine to my tr. had smoked on there before, and trust me, color match is the way to go. unless you got a bm, then smoked works just fine. put my old smoked ones on my mothers black rabbit. looks good. untill i paint her stock ones.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
as for your circled thing, thats where the headlight washers are, or were. depending on your year. i got an 06, and still heavent got them to work. maybe i dont have em either, or im just stupid and dont know how to work em.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol Yah I Was Reading Something On Another Site Just Now And Just Read That All U Had To Do Was Push On Teh Side And It Would Pop Out ... Owell It Sill Only Takes A Few Xtra Mins Teh Way I Did It Unless U Cant Work With Ur Hands :p

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah Well I was Hoping That There Was Like Another Set Of Headlights Or Something U Could Put In There ... The Headlights We Got In There Now Are Bright Enough But A Lil More Wood B Better And Not To Mention Look Sweeter

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
you can convert your fogs to HID, same as your headlights. i imagine that would be brighter. or you can get the vag-com and activate the flash to pass lights and run them with the drls.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmmm HID Fogs :D I Like That Idea ..... Like The Idea Of DRL Fogs Even More

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
i just want to shut my drls off. i turn my fogs on at night just because. yeah, if you get the vag-cam, and the euro switch for your lights. you can do that.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
that's actually the headlight washers. they only come out when the windshield wipers are on and you use the washers to clean your windshield.
Sorry but that's wrong. Well, at least in Teh Chris' case. He doesn't have the headlight washers. Only the 06 and early 07's have them.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
i just figured out how to use mine. hehe. one of these days ill have my bro do it and ill take a pic of em in action. nifty.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You sure about that? I don't think so...
hahaha!!! i had a feeling you would say that. i just got my 08 MKV and they're on mine. the dealer showed me how to use them. during the demo he turned on the windshield wipers and then pulled back on the lever. and to my amazement, there they were. shooting out fluid onto the headlights. at the same time, he got sprayed from the windshield washers. i felt bad 'cause it got all over his coat. but they work.

however, they only spray out the fluid. there aren't any wipers for the headlights. just the washer fluid. but i'm sure you know that.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Hahaha! Mai.. you're cool.

Hmmm... coulda sworn.

Just went to VW dealership. Thought they didn't... maybe I was looking at the late 07's...

Oh they had SIX.. yes, SIX R32's on the lot.. 3 UG's, 1 CW (beautiful IMO), 2 Blue.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts