My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im looking to buy new rims for my GTi.. its a 2006, silver. I want to put black 18's on it. Possibly with a thin red lip. It is hard to find rims similar to the ones i want that fit the car. I am also wondering if anyone thinks the red will be overdoing it. I felt it would look sick with the red calipers and the red trim in the grill... All feedback is appreciated..Also below are pictures of the tenzo R Mach 10(first picture) and the tenzo R DC-6(second Picture) that i am currently interested in buying. This forum has evolved a bit and two more rims have been added to the discussion. The Tenzo R DC-5(pitcured below 3rd down) And also the O.Z. Ultegras(pictured below 4th down).

·
Registered
635 Posts
for me I like the six spoke ...now if you got some BBS and had it powder coated...hell yeah...i t hink the 10 spoke would be too thin on your car..and the thicker 6 would accent everything nicely

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly what kylmos said.. and my biggest probelm witht hese rims is some web sites tell me that they will fit my GTI but others say that they dont fit it...

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I voted the 6 spoke- the red stripe will look good with the brakes O0

I may be getting O.Z. Ultegras tomorrow >:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice... ya the 6 spoke are what i am leaning toward. My biggest question was the red lip because a few people told me it wont look good on the car. but i thought the red calipers and the red in the grill is enough to make it look good

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sweet man, I'm down for these same goodies, check out Raderwerks - they have sweet 19's like this. I just can't do 19's here in NE - so I'll be look'n for the above too....in 18x8 I hope.

I don't know which I like better yet......I think I'm gonna get the 6 spoke., if I pull the trigger... 8)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i live in new england too.. and im planning on putting a reiger body kit on it so i dont want to put 19's on... they jsut seem to big for a gti. and it is hard to pull the trigger 1200 for the rims and the tires.. which isnt too bad but still... they are 18x18 i believer.. it may have been 18x18.5... im jsut not sure fi they are going to fit the car cuz some sites say they dont and some say they do

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Those are mine!!!! I've got 'em for $356 ea. no rubber, plus shipping. What do you have?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Gti2o3 said:
What do you guys think of these.. same concept a little different...
I voted for the 6 spoke, but I like these better. O0

·
Registered
277 Posts
Gti2o3 said:
ya i live in new england too.. and im planning on putting a reiger body kit on it so i dont want to put 19's on... they jsut seem to big for a gti. and it is hard to pull the trigger 1200 for the rims and the tires.. which isnt too bad but still... they are 18x18 i believer.. it may have been 18x18.5... im jsut not sure fi they are going to fit the car cuz some sites say they dont and some say they do
Sweet man, I picked up my Rieger body from the paint shop last week, rear apron and front lip should be go'n on this week....then I'll slap on the GHL quad tip I have sitting in my garage :D We'll have to meet up at some point!

Tough call between the last set and the 6 spoke.....I might have to photoshop them on and see what I like better :D

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
22350 said:
Dragon said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Those are mine!!!! I've got 'em for $356 ea. no rubber, plus shipping. What do you have?
hahahahaha! $325

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dragon said:
22350 said:
Dragon said:

hahahahaha! $325
These don't have the red lip that i want. But those are pretty much same concept as the Tenzo Dc-5

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
scans007 said:
Gti2o3 said:
Sweet man, I picked up my Rieger body from the paint shop last week, rear apron and front lip should be go'n on this week....then I'll slap on the GHL quad tip I have sitting in my garage :D We'll have to meet up at some point!

Tough call between the last set and the 6 spoke.....I might have to photoshop them on and see what I like better :D
Ya dude let me know how the reiger kit looks. I was going to get it because of the qaud exuast that i love. I don't know when it will actually get near my car because i don't have that kind of dough laying around since im only wokring part time. It will probbaly be my last purchase since it is so expensive needing the kit and the exuast. But im planning on getting the rims before november and an apr chip after christmas

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
22350 said:
Dragon said:
22350 said:
Dragon said:

hahahahaha! $325
Hook a brotha' up!!
Come on DRAGON.....PLEEEASE!!! Thats over a hundred bucks cheaper!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mattabaziou said:
mmmmmmmmm! :D :D

I think that settles my choice a little more.. That loooks insane. But I want the Red lip. So i will probably go with the Tenzo R DC-5. I reposted the pic of the rim in this reply.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts