Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea my buddy today told me that he went to his dealer and was looking at the new R32 and the payments for it and the dealer was like o by the way we just got something by VW saying a recall is issued conccering something with the computer in the car.. i dont know maybe just update or something but the dealer said all the dealers are gunna be sending out letters to all 2006-07 owners soon... fu%$ >:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: RECALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard about it this morning. Deals with the ECU. Will need to be flashed to solve a hesitation problem. Not all GTI's are included though. They will let us know which ones are effected.

·
Registered
556 Posts

Rofl, unless the "computer" was melting, or causing system failures, they wouldn't recall it. Now a TSB about it needing to be updated might occur, but save me the panic.

·
Registered
148 Posts

GranTurismoInjection said:
Rofl, unless the "computer" was melting, or causing system failures, they wouldn't recall it. Now a TSB about it needing to be updated might occur, but save me the panic.
This man is correct.

·
Registered
690 Posts

Bboy AJ said:
GranTurismoInjection said:
This man is correct.
Changed thread title to reflect the more accurate description.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone experience performance decreases post-OY update? Seems I have to really get on the throttle to get response just in regular driving. Seems like my GTI is short shifting and has lag which it didn't before. Perhaps it's imagination but were it one variable, I'd say I was hallucinating, but multiple issues? I know that I am not THAT stupid. Any other experiences like this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts